Time Change Killing Me

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a thing every clock has to have exact time house, work and car !!
Confucius say: "Man with one clock always know correct time. Man with more than one never. . . quite. . . sure." I suppose with so many electronic clocks changing by themselves, Confucius's adage is becoming dated.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mother Nature has always tested her charges with adapt to change or go extinct. Evidence to this is recorded in the fossil records. It is her way to select the fittest and weed out the weak to carry on the species , in our case things such as through twice a year time change. :)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father always set his alarm clock for work 15 minutes fast. I never understood it because you know it is 15 fast when you look at it.
This is my wife. Still late as she knows she "has time". Just set the clock correct.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a friend who was chronically late for everything, and not just a few minutes, 20 to 30 usually. One day his wife set every clock one hour ahead, and he arrived a few minutes early for an important meeting. :rolleyes:
He got a lot of ribbing for that.

He was back to his old ways immediately. Unfortunately that trick is only good every once in a long while.

Personally I looked at it as not just rude to the people waiting for him, but as a sort of passive aggressive power play. Drove me crazy. :smack