To Market.....

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Congrats! :clap
Hurray for Chapel Farm (love the name!).
I'm glad everything went well - I think your beautiful arrangement of the goods as well as your handsome little helper had something to do with it. ;)

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Ohhh....you are the best buddies! Thanks everyone. Your suggestions were so helpful!!

My little guy had a very good time. He was very good help loading and unloading the truck. He was paid for a job well done and I think he will go with us again.

Please, if you even think you would want to do this...give it a try. I can't wait to do it again!!

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
This market is an event that is every the first and third Saturday. I have indeed commited myself to being there each time.

We did ANOTHER market in another location. We are going to have to do a couple of markets a week because of our blessed bounty....we picked 19- 8qt. baskets of squash in one day and each day we pick it is increasing! I also have found another roadside market that is buying our extras, thank goodness.

The chickens are enjoying our "too big to sale" squash. We will soon find out if squash will turn my white Silkies yellow. :D

This is living the good life! :love

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
your table was beautiful and you are absolutely right "this is the good life" :)

thank you so much for sharing!

perhaps next year I will give this a try we have farmers markets opening all over the place and I have all these little "nursery" plants and sections of starts all over that I nurture just hoping to trade with folks for things I need ..so maybe if I sell at a market I can find folks to barter with that way :)

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That is wonderful that you have markets that you can go sell produce at more than once or twice a month. This way you will always be able to have fresh veggies to offer. :clap And it is wonderful that your family works together, that it's self is a blessing :love

Best wishes for this season :thumbsup

:happy_flower Karan :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh yes honey, this is the good life. I found myself snacking on sugar snap peas right off the vine today while watering the garden, weeding and feeding the chickens.

I went in and made breakfast for everyone but me, I was sooooooooo full!!!

You are way more blessed then I for being able to sell your extras... so far we've eaten EVERYthing. :D

I really am so happy and proud of you! :hugs