Trees in bloom!

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
So happy to see your olives outside. In the ground, however, seems the best way to be growing them. I like ccheek's yard.

OMG! I never knew magnolias grew that big. What a beautiful and fragrant display they would make in the yard. Lucky ccheek!
Yes, it's very tall, & it makes loads of magnolias!
Such a beautiful tree.

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Arbequina is just one of the varieties. It would be much easier in Bayou Country though.

View attachment 13555
I definitely have to do more research into olive trees, I must say I only have a little, this is my first one, but I am very intrigued by them. Everyone that passes by is shocked by me having an olive tree as if it's the oddest thing they've ever heard.... But I do live in a place where most people hold onto "the way things have always been" and are scared of change, new things, & pretty much the outside world. I on the other hand love new things, learning is wonderful!!
By the way are those baby fig trees also in your picture?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I definitely have to do more research into olive trees, I must say I only have a little, this is my first one, but I am very intrigued by them. Everyone that passes by is shocked by me having an olive tree as if it's the oddest thing they've ever heard.... But I do live in a place where most people hold onto "the way things have always been" and are scared of change, new things, & pretty much the outside world. I on the other hand love new things, learning is wonderful!!
By the way are those baby fig trees also in your picture?

Yes, they are baby fig trees, a few have several small figs started. I got into olives after visiting the site below. More and more olives are being grown in this country, in Florida, Georgia, Texas, Oregon and other states.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...s-sell-English-olives-Italians-like-them.html

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Figs are a no brainer. I just bought one to plant. They are so easy! I love your olive tree! I wish I had a magnolia tree! Yours is so big and beautiful.

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you @baymule, love my magnolia....
It is the state flower of Louisiana
we bought our house @ 12 years ago & the couple who lived here actually built the house in the 50's & raised their family here, & he planted it so I'm guessing it at least 50 if not older....

Latest posts