Trees in bloom!

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
@jackb have you ever had any problems with birds eating your olives?
I'm just wondering, try to be proactive...
I had a flat of seeds in pods in my garden getting a little sun, & the birds came & ate every single seed out of the 72 pods & picked my blueberry bush clean, so now I am wondering if they will destroy the olive tree as well. I hope not ugh

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
Yeah I have some, I just had it kinda laying over the top of blueberry bush until I could make a proper frame to go around it, that's what I'm working on today! Love the birds but I got the blueberries for me not them haha

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Buebirds and Robbins learn really fast how to get over, under, around and through the bird netting when they find fruits / berries are ripe. The robbins are now eating a few bites out of all of my strawberries that are showing anywhere near a red tinge.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
@jackb have you ever had any problems with birds eating your olives?
I'm just wondering, try to be proactive...
I had a flat of seeds in pods in my garden getting a little sun, & the birds came & ate every single seed out of the 72 pods & picked my blueberry bush clean, so now I am wondering if they will destroy the olive tree as well. I hope not ugh

This is really the first year I have had a significant amount of olives, so I can not say. Unripe olives are hard and bitter, so they may not be attractive to birds.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bird netting can also be used to trap snakes. Lay it on ground Snakes crawl threw, their scales get caught in netting , they can't back up. Snakes you want can be cut free, other can be put down.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bird netting can also be used to trap snakes. Lay it on ground Snakes crawl threw, their scales get caught in netting , they can't back up. Snakes you want can be cut free, other can be put down.
That works with loosely rolled up chicken wire too. A big rat snake was in front of the house this evening. I think it is the same one that caused such an uproar with the dogs a couple weeks ago. My DH moved it along with a stick. He didn't believe me when I told him it could crawl up a tree, but that's what it did. He believes me now.

Latest posts