Trivial, but You Really Try!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is there some habit that is the most trivial thing in the world that you make sure to do, regularly? Like, Everyday??

Silly? Sure, why not ;)?

I'll start ... you be honest :th.

I make a conscious effort to put the tag on the end of the tea bag string UNDER my cup, before pouring hot water on it.

Yep. What if the string just takes off and that tag ends up inside the cup!? I fish it out with my fingers ... and it dribbles on the kitchen counter??

:D Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is there some habit that is the most trivial thing in the world that you make sure to do, regularly? Like, Everyday??

Silly? Sure, why not ;)?

I'll start ... you be honest :th.

I make a conscious effort to put the tag on the end of the tea bag string UNDER my cup, before pouring hot water on it.

Yep. What if the string just takes off and that tag ends up inside the cup!? I fish it out with my fingers ... and it dribbles on the kitchen counter??

:D Steve

i pull those strings and tags off. lol

i never used to drink coffee every day, living with Mom she has her morning habit of having some instant coffee. i am sensitive to caffiene so i would have some and then regret it if i kept at it for days because then eventually i would stop. even using a quarter of a teaspoon would still be too much and i would get withdrawal headaches... a month ago or so i finally got to the healthfood store and remembered to pick up some fake coffee stuff which is ok. so now most days i start with some of that and it doesn't wire me up like coffee does.

my morning habit before drinking that is drinking a part of a mug of water.

the exact amount of water used means i can also use an exact time on the microwave to get the temperature i like (which is much less now than what i used to do) and those seconds also are about what i need to go pee (like anyone really wanted to know that... haha...)...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought my life was so predictable and routine, but my dog seems to think so. When she hears me get my nighttime meds/supplements out she thinks she needs a treat. She comes running, even out of a dead sleep if she hears that bottle rattle around 10:00 pm.
If I carry a certain pair of shoes into the living room to put on, she thinks it is time for a walk, and sits in front of me expectantly.
I'm quite sure I don't have any little foibles that other people would think odd, although everybody else seems to have several. :D

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't sleep if my daughter's heart monitor isn't on while she's sleeping. Quite literally. After our house fire we needed to replace ours, and I spent 2 weeks with no sleep except for when my husband was awake to watch the baby. Even though she's almost a year old, I'll still sneak in at night and try to ninja it on if I forget before bed.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@AMKuska ,

That doesn't really sound trivial.

If some critter/plant won't suffer, if some person (including me ;)) won't suffer -- I'm very disinclined to do anything. Attentive to others' needs? I'd like to think so. As a former member of Well Spouse organization, I read their literature and realize that this sort of thing can be carried too far, to personal detriment. I try not to.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And,

I don't like dunking the tea bag in the cup if the hot water goes in first. It's necessary or, otherwise, the tea floats on the water.

Best to pour water over the tethered bag. Dunking because the bag comes late is a monumental waste of time.

Steve ;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
And,

I don't like dunking the tea bag in the cup if the hot water goes in first. It's necessary or, otherwise, the tea floats on the water.

Best to pour water over the tethered bag. Dunking because the bag comes late is a monumental waste of time.

Steve ;)

for herbal teas i usually don't mind if they steep forever and floating i just smush 'em with a spoon against the side of the mug until they sink... back in my tea drinking days i used to have a bunch of jars of loose leafed teas and made it by pouring hot water over spoon fulls of that. so i just called it swamp water. same method just smushed the floaters against the side of the mug with a spoon and stirred a few times and then if there was anything left floating it was strained by my teefers. :) i still do that once in a while.

when done with a tea bag i suck the moisture out of it so it will dry easily and then i tear it apart and then it gets tossed in my dry organic scraps bucket where things like fingernails, whiskers, q-tips, tissues, etc. go. all this eventually finds its way into the worm bins. i don't waste anything organic around here if i can help it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Making sure the sliding screen door is pushed open before the sliding glass door is shut for the night. You don't have to bounce off the screen too many times before that becomes ingrained.

i'm glad it wasn't the other way around! bouncing off the patio door can be ouch... and yes, i've done it, not here but other places. i've not yet walked through a screen, but i've still got a few years yet so i wouldn't place my bets quite yet. :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I just remembered something that I might be called finicky about. If the bathtub faucet is not turned off just right, it will drip, a lot. Every time DH takes a bath, he leaves the faucet turned off in the extreme hot position, all the way to the left. drip drip drip drip drip. Agh! I have to go in after a few minutes or an hour and turn it on, then off again properly, to keep it from dripping. It's not like I haven't told him how to turn the faucet off.:barnie

Latest posts