True confessions...

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, I have a lovely cobalt blue composting container, sitting on my counter. I really try not to waste anything. We had a foot of snow, and below zero temps- and the compost bucket got full, really full. Then, I just put a few more things in there- and then the lid didn't quite fit properly... I was secretly hoping DH would notice, and dump the thing for me. This morning I was contemplating putting my coffee grounds in it (and wisely changed my mind) when I noticed the celery I had put in the thing, was sprouting!! Yikes! I am growing celery on my counter, out of my compost bucket! Don't judge me! Tomorrow they are calling for sunshine and high 30's, I promise I will dump it out!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL, I go through that w/ my DH too. I always wait until he *just* came in the door (shoes and coat still on), or going out to get more firewood and slip in the little "honey, since you're going that way...would you mind?" Works everytime! :lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha! That's pretty funny Lesa! Cracked me up how you were secretly hoping your husband would notice! I can sooo relate! :lol:

eta: You've definitely got the green thumb going Lesa! Isn't celery supposed to be hard to grow?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well fortunately for me my compost bucket is on the floor. I always forget to dump it so it always has tons of mold!

Mary

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ok, being the DH I am always taking out the compost bucket. I knew there was a conspiracy!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Monty -- Bwaaa haa ha! :lol:

Really, I don't mind dumping it on warm, pretty days. When I can just throw on my flip flops and run out there, maybe take the long route back and take a stroll around my garden and bees. It's the cold winter days that make me feel like an old hound dog curled up by the fire...you just about have to draaaag me out there. :p

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right, Journey! I love emptying the bucket when it is nice outside! I have to wander past several gardens to get to it... I look for any excuse to get outside when it is nice, and I will use any excuse to stay in during winter! Don't worry, Monty- if there was a conspiracy all the Dh's would be emptying the bucket- and by my count you are the only one that is! Lucky DW you have!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Count again Lesa.

My routine is to take it out after I wash the supper dishes. During this time of year, that works out so I can lock the chickens up at night on the same trip.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think Lesa is right Monty, you may be the only one! My DH will move a trash bag I leave in front of the door and go right past the trash can to his truck.... :somad