True confessions...

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
...yep, clickin' the more smiles button...

waitaminute, i can find a little guy with a picket sign that sez funny post, but where's a whole line of little characters carrying signs that say funny entire topic and every post?

ya see, it's not a conspiracy. all wiminz do this thing independently, 'cep'n thistle of course, and im sending some of her dna to the mad scientist's lab so they can clone her, but the rest...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, no wunder i wuz so scared of girls in high skool! but the wiminz hav ther charms :bouquet and that maks it alll werth it! So i git th deel. the boyz take out th garbage and the compost, th gerlz kook dinnr and usually brekfast, unless'n it's just cereal an a 'nanner, then th boyz go to werk wher they say yes maam for 40 yearz to the bosses or the clients, and then come home to th wif, who thes days also goes to work fer 40 years tellin her employees to mak sure they say yes maam.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dog gone it guys! I so apologize for that last post!!! My cat typed that one while I was taking out the garbage!!! Please disregard that post! Must've been Clevland. Look at all the misspelled words!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wait a minute...you mean husbands are supposed to take out the compost pail? Well I guess mine didn't get the memo. And I'm the one grunting and swearing when I turn the compost pile! Well ok, not swearing just grunting. :rolleyes:

Mary

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey, hey, hey! Nobody said supposed to take out the bucket! I consider it a recommended activity to promote a husbands health and safety :D

As for turning the compost pile, that is definately my job. I get to use this:

rightview_zps43f79d99.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok, confession time huh?! lol

Lesa, this should really make you laugh then. Keep in mind, or day temps are like 50 and nights are 30 here.

Months ago I started an inside compost bucket out of a plastic folgers can. I use these things for everything, so there are a few of them under my sink, and on a shelf. I have one just for things to bring out to the chickens we don't finish eating each day.... while the others are used as scoops for animal feed or in this case, several compost buckets.

Well the bucket I have now, I put the lid on as its full and put it on the back porch to go out to the compost. Well... its on a triangle tower of 3 full compost cans with lids that I've filled over the months past, and I have just forgotten to walk them out to the compost and dump them. I think one of them is at least 6 months old. Its literally sludge! I just go out to the compost with my hands full from the rabbits cage when I clean that, or I go to feed the chickens out that way and have a basket full of feed for them. I try to remind my husband while he's loading up the recycling bins to goto the dump and when he's done doing the yard rounds he forgets too.

That darn compost is all the way to the back of the property! I just feel so lazy these days... who wants to make that walk in the morning, twice? :lol:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, vfem- I feel better already! If it were 50 degrees here, I would have an empty compost bucket! There is an argument for having the pile closer to the house... every winter I say I should have a temporary pile, close to the back door that I could easily move in the spring. FYI, not as warm as predicted here and the bucket is still on the counter. The celery leaves are looking very healthy! Maybe I will just label it my "inside garden experiment"?

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My compost pile = I haul the buckets. I'm the one who was pushing for one so that eliminates any arguments in my house. I know once we get rabbits though it will be a mad scramble of little hands to go take all the stuff to feed the bunnies and I'll STILL be stuck hauling the bucket.:rolleyes:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Ok, vfem- I feel better already! If it were 50 degrees here, I would have an empty compost bucket! There is an argument for having the pile closer to the house... every winter I say I should have a temporary pile, close to the back door that I could easily move in the spring. FYI, not as warm as predicted here and the bucket is still on the counter. The celery leaves are looking very healthy! Maybe I will just label it my "inside garden experiment"?
Go for it! The celery sure does seem happy! :p

Latest posts