True confessions...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Monty, I wonder if I can put that "thing" inside my compost bin? Hmmm.....

Lesa, it's almost 60* here and we have outdoor time everyday. For me, it's not about the temperature, it's just forgetfulness. Maybe if my bucket was more visable and
not hidden in a corner on the floor?

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hmmm, time for a handy dandy NEANDERTHAL invention!

Yup, modern day Neanderthals in the modern human world can do some pretty good inventing!

K, know how old fashioned laundry lines worked, with a pulley on each side, and the laundry line cord that goes and moves based on pulling it?

Wellp, What if a person mounted a firmly set pole just past the compost pile with the pulley on it, and another firmly mounted pole right next to the door, maybe even under a porch eave extension for to stay reasonably dry in a storm, with another pulley on it, wrapped and tied the appropriate rope or line for the pulleys...getting a runon sentence, hang on. Neanderthals just stop and start again :p

...and then, right over the compost pile you make some sort of doodad that would spill the bucket that is tied to the line as the bucket moves by pulling the line.

All kinds of adaptations are possible! And, as an added bonus, it's also an extra dryer for clothes, around christmas, a place for christmas lights, also something to keep the kids occupied with for hours, especially if you happen to have neanderthal kids. (We still happen ya know).

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Working off Marshalls contraption - How about a zip line you could ride to the compost! That would be fun!! Of course fights could break out over who's turn it was to take the compost out, and we'd be generating vegetable trimmings and eggshells and coffee grounds at a hyper rate, and I haven't worked out the return trip to the house....

But maybe after an exhilarating zip to visit the pile we'd be in such high spirits we'd run back to the house to start creating more compost material!

Just thinking....

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
See?

The ole Neanderthal invents something, and the modern human girl, (whose DNA is being worked on at the mad scientist's lab to clone her), takes the crude Neanderthal invention, and turns it into a Disneyworld ride!

We can add lakes with toothless old crocodiles in them for added excitement! And, at the finish just past the compost pile, we could add a fairy garden complete with glittering fairy dust.

A second double lined ski type lift could be made, and it'd be operated by the folks earning their turn on the zip line!

We can even charge exorbitant fees.

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!!!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
My slovenly compost habits have certainly spurred your creative minds!! Dh is an engineer- and I think he would go for your idea Marshall! My nephews would choose the zip line, Thistle! With all the excitement generated by the zip line, perhaps it could be incorporated into other chores. How about a zip line into the backyard to pick up dog poop? And another to the chicken coop for roost cleaning duty? We could take it from Compost World to Farm World....

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Holy Moly! Digging all those post holes, hanging all the pullys, running all the cable, building ticket booths, and the countless hours weed eating around all those posts...I'll just carry the bucket out! The female alternative just sounds too tiring :)

Latest posts