Unscheduled flight

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I may have to do something about it even after I remove the tree. Thanks for the idea I will be thinking of it for sure.

even some good epoxy paint with some grit sprinkled on and then the 2nd coat over may help along with gripper edges.

cleats on shoes do a lot of damage to wooden steps. i had to fill ours in when i redid them a few years ago.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' I have avoided getting the surgery thus far. The dr. Is having me get and MRI on Monday and I hope that it shows that I am healing good and can avoid the surgeons knife. I have been keeping my weight off of it as per drs. orders and staying off of it. With these sunny days it is awful hard to sit inside and let them get away, but if I can avoid more setbacks it will be worth it. Today was another bluebird day grrrr. Wish it was raining lol.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know I'm late to this @Collector , but I hope you are fully recovered by the time good Spring weather arrives.

Our front steps were very icy; DW had a couple hard falls, and I fell there & tore my rotator cuff. Then when DW broke her leg falling down steps to the garage, she was in a wheel chair (it was a bad break, requiring pins & plates). So DS & I built a wheel chair ramp over the front steps, lining it with heavily-textured outdoor carpet to provide traction. It worked so well, we left the ramp there - and have not fallen there since.

If you have wooden steps, expanded metal mesh might be an option to improve traction. When I worked onboard ship, they used expanded metal on most external walkways for that reason.

Latest posts