Urine as a liquid fertilizer....

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Anyone do it? I posted a similar thread on the SS site and folks were quite grossed out. I'm not turned off by this, but I'm wondering if I have any kindred spirits out there? :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't think you could. Too acidic and ammonia is a plant killer more then anything.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nah, nothing wrong with urine as a fertilizer, you just have to dilute it properly as Beekissed says, or put it on the compost pile.

Plants use ammonia just *fine* -- why do you think ammonium sulfate or ammonium nitrate are such ubiquitous (manmade) crop fertilizers? :p You just can't dump too much of it on a plant at once, same as anything else including water.

So, pee on the compost pile or weeds (easiest if you are male); if you want to put it directly on the garden, pee into a bucket of water and put *that* on :p

Pat

2dream

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Bee I must have missed your SS post. Never heard of this but can't wait to tell my DH this one. He is gonna love it.

I will never again fuss at the dog for going straight to the compost pile. LOL

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My mother in law once drank her pee cause her yogi told her to. I forgot what the problem was but she said it was cured. And then there is the pee for pimples... I am down with pee.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I was reading about the folks on here who couldn't find poop....so I offer pee as a solution for cheap, all natural, renewable source of garden fertilizer.

I plan to do some experimenting with this in my yard and my garden~particularly the corn, as I would like to see just how well it does with more nitrogen than I have given in the past with just my regular manure compost. I plan to side dress it when it is small and again when it tassles and then silks. I want to see if this will encourage more and better growth. I also plan to use it with my pumpkins and maybe potatoes.....and definitely with some of my flowers!

My mother in law once drank her pee cause her yogi told her to. I forgot what the problem was but she said it was cured. And then there is the pee for pimples... I am down with pee.
This made me spew water all over my keyboard! :gig I am down with pee too....but I'll be darned if I'll drink it!!! :p :lol:

ironimagery

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Be very careful doing this.

A family of rabbits were in the garden eating radishes and momma rabbit says these radishes taste pithy. Poppa rabbit says Yes I noticed they do taste pithy. Baby rabbit says well they should I pithed on em. :lol:

Latest posts