Urine as a liquid fertilizer....

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It would take gallons at a time of urine to adversly affect sweet corn.

I've known sweet corn plants that have been directly applied w/urine and no adverse affects. Altho I'm not sure I'd want the job of collection if that is what anyone has in mind...........:cool:

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
obsessed said:
My mother in law once drank her pee cause her yogi told her to. I forgot what the problem was but she said it was cured. And then there is the pee for pimples... I am down with pee.
:lol: I can't stop laughing at this this thread! I have a vision of people everywhere peeing on their compost piles!! :gig

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ironimagery said:
Be very careful doing this.

A family of rabbits were in the garden eating radishes and momma rabbit says these radishes taste pithy. Poppa rabbit says Yes I noticed they do taste pithy. Baby rabbit says well they should I pithed on em. :lol:
Too, funny!!

I remember seeing a movie where a fellow "peed" every morning on his lemon tree.

So far, nothing has died that my dog has "peed" on.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Where my dogs pee it is all very lush, tall and dark green!

Well, as the article says.....seems a waste to flush perfectly good fertilizer down the toilet! With a dilution ratio of 10-15 water:1 part urine, one wouldn't have to have much urine to fill a garden sprayer and lightly side-dress the nitrogen sucking veggies.

They say first morning urine is more concentrated and, thus, is more useful for this application. The way my boys let go in the morning, I could have enough for my whole garden(with the dilutation) in one morning!!! :D

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Andy123 said:
If you were on any type of medicine, do you think it would be passed on through the urine??
Yes, some antibiotics (and I presume some other drugs) definitely do pass through the urine; also I believe I've read that some viruses (including, at least in past years, some attentuated viruses in vaccines) can pass thru urine. It is probably best to only use pee from healthy nonmedicated individuals, unless you know specifically about the person's prescriptions/germs and/or do not care.

Pat

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Where my dogs pee it is all very lush, tall and dark green!
Suddenly I am imagining me holding out a big bucket -- probably on a stick to avoid splashing -- every time one of my horses stretches out to take a whiz while I'm around... :p

(Actually it's not such a terrible idea... )

(Two are ex-racehorses and would probably get a nostalgic kick out of being asked to pee into a cup on a stick :))

Pat

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
The one article states:

As far as antibiotics, vitamin supplements and other medications go, yes they will end up in your urine, but in such minute quantities that I believe to be negligible especially when it is diluted.
Pat, that would probably be some primo urine for the garden! Strong, clean....and lots of it! :th

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
While urine won't hurt plants, I'd NEVER directly spray it on vegetables as the other ingredients in the urine can change flavors of the vegetables. If you spray it on the ground, the microbes in the soil will make the nutrients the plants want digestable while leaving the "odor" chemicals in the ground. It would take gallons to change the soil chemistry to change the vegetables flavors.

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
The one article states:

As far as antibiotics, vitamin supplements and other medications go, yes they will end up in your urine, but in such minute quantities that I believe to be negligible especially when it is diluted.
Pat, that would probably be some primo urine for the garden! Strong, clean....and lots of it! :th
Thanks for that information, I will rest assured. :lol:

Latest posts