Veggie Photo Time!

BlackThumb

Leafing Out
Reaction score
You guys are so wonderful. Thank you for the encouragement. I feel that the experts are saying that I am going okay. that's quite a boost !!!!

hikerchick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
my rubbermaid garden

6238_kale.jpg

usschicago1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Wow Nice Photos Everyone. I got some basil seeds in, ill get pictures when there older :bee

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Man I haven't been on here in AGES, well at least it feels like ages but its really more like 3 weeks. Things are growing here like absolute MAD.

My 20ft of peas are looking fabulous! We haven't had much rain so I've been having to water them, they're a teensy bit stunted because of the lack of rain but we're supposed to get rain soon :)

peas.jpg

I've got 4 tomato plants under the polytunnel, all "Slicer" tomatoes, I *had* 10 plants but mum killed 6 of them by accident. See the story is... Our housecat eats plants and so we have the toms stored in the bathroom that is currently under construction. They're normally in the bathtub with the door shut but I guess mum had a shower and put them on the floor by the "hobbit door" which is a tiny door that lead into the snug. She was knocking plaster and drywall off the walls in the snug and a huge 40lb piece fell RIGHT ON TOP OF THEM. Sigh, squashed tomatoes anyone? So now I need to go and buy more.

toms.jpg

A nice view of the garden from the Rhubarb patch which is right next to the house. This was all overgrown and has been for a couple years, it was mowed when we moved in but I was too lazy to mow it and we just let it go wild but today I got kind of nuts with the lawn mower (we have a ride on John Deere + a little push mower) and mowed it all down (somehow). You can see the orchard, raised beds, and some of the rhubarb. At the end of this season we're moving the raised beds to right behind the house pretty much because they're a bit far from the house should we need to water and that way we can expand our orchard *a lot*.

hill.jpg

I'm also growing chickens :D Silly varmints keep digging up my flowers, we've had to fence in the Lupins and now we're looking at fencing in the bigger beds so we can finally plant out our creeping phlox and some other plants.

growingchickens.jpg

And my helpers in the garden, they've eaten their fair share of weeds today... and have been gobbling all the little buggies that come up when I'm messing in the soil.

ducks-1.jpg

Latest posts