PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
oh they sure do not want us accessing our old well for sure as they are
instituting a rate hike :somad

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have lots of community water systems. Even when I lived in the sticks, ten pieces of property were on the same 500+ foot well. It wasn't much. I could run one rainbird type sprinkler at a time.

Irrigation districts offered better systems. Here, you are charged by the amount of land, whether you use it or not. That's why I don't pay for water at the big veggie garden - the owner considers it a tax and, with acres of irrigated alfalfa around it, my garden adds no additional charges. I guess he has never used over what is allowed on the flat rate. Easy peasy but you might be surprised that very few nearby property owners irrigate all of their ground.

I pay for the water at the little veggie garden, even paying for the property owner's garden water. It's never cost me $25 for a month.

That was the location where we didn't have the outdoor system set up for several weeks into a growing season once. I did some of that math to determine if carrying barrels of water from home would make sense. Nope! With just about 2,500 square feet of garden I'd be in some kind of water delivery business!! Need a bigger truck!

Steve

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Our water rate is based by the water you run and 3 times what they deem runs down our sewer

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
last month here they just raised the water rates again, some home owners are disconnecting and going back to their wells. thank goodness for being on a aquifer.
never have tested that stamp of 200 gpm yet...

wow we have been here 17 years and almost 2 months....
DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
politics you got to loves them..
when city water was coming the hook up fee was 300 plus the water you use.
now the hook up fee is 2785 plus the water you use.
the paper did not mention what the disconnection fee was.. i'm sure it's couch couch...

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We had to put down like a 300 dollar deposit at city hall when we moved in

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here a 600' deep well is $12,000. Our community water bill runs $25 a month..... I would love to have a well, but the math just doesn't add up. It would take forty years to equal what my water bill is.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
ugh, another town in my state just put up their water restrictions. the local news put up a map showing which areas are in certain states of drought. my city is in the 'Moderate' area so far, but where i work is considered 'severe' & that goes down south to the Boston area.

what little rain we got early this morning is already drying up on the pavement. i have a late start to my workday so i have time to walk around & check plants before i go. my koi are in their new 600 gal pond but i really want some of the landscape plants to establish without dying around it. we are predicted to get a couple more days with a 'chance' of rain but so far weather forecasters have been way off on their predictions of rainy periods this year.