Weather. A little unreal . . .

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My momma lives in Houston and said it was supposed to be pretty warm down there. I asked her if she was in her pool yet and she said "Not yet... but close!" I believe she is evil... LOL
She did say that her orange trees were in bloom tho! I thought that was kinda neat... LOL

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it didn't reach 50F as was forecast - still, high 40's and, probably, the warmest afternoon since Thanksgiving weekend. Might have missed it tho'. Especially, if you were hit by a falling tree branch with the 45mph wind :rolleyes:!

The rest of the country may want to prepare for this . . .

Our weather usually tracks on to the southeast as it crosses the mountains. At the speed of this wind, I think the smaller tree branches will be in Omaha by tomorrow!

With so much wind moving from the NW into the lower Midwest - the upper Midwest usually has Canadian air moving down. The Twin Cities may see their 40 degree weather replaced by some nights in the teens. Yeah, I went ahead and looked at your forecast ;).

In fact, USA folks can look at the forecast low pressure and fronts moving right on across the continent (Wednesday thru Sunday) here: Animated Forecast Map.

Oops! Warmest day since November and suddenly, it is snowing like crazy with 45mph gusts . . ! How did I title this? "Weather. A little unreal . . ."

Steve
:hide

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OldGuy43 said:
It's 81 here. The low last night was 63. :p
Than again there is a downside to all this nice warm Texas weather. Here it is, only late February, and I've already had to activate my rotary device for the dissection of green plant matter twice.

Standard 4 cycle, single cylinder, internal combustion powered rotary stock slicer?

StockSlicer002.jpg

:lol: Okay, how many did I get?

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, dang nab it! That winter storm that was supposedly going through the Ohio valley seems to have tracked farther north and looks like it's paralleling the US/Canada border. It's a freakin' snow storm out there! We were going to get one inch, at the northern fringe, bloody thing is smack on top of me!

surprisesnowstormsmall.jpg

See me? I'm waving at you under the dot on the north east side. :frow

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
swampducks said:
Well, dang nab it! That winter storm that was supposedly going through the Ohio valley seems to have tracked farther north and looks like it's paralleling the US/Canada border. It's a freakin' snow storm out there! We were going to get one inch, at the northern fringe, bloody thing is smack on top of me!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e...ff not pet related/surprisesnowstormsmall.jpg

Oh yeah. There you are. You're the one wearing the stocking cap, right? :cool:

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OldGuy43 said:
swampducks said:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e...ff not pet related/surprisesnowstormsmall.jpg

Oh yeah. There you are. You're the one wearing the stocking cap, right? :cool:
The bright yellow/green one. :) And there is now 7 inches on the deck. Heavy stuff!

Latest posts