Weather Where You Are

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@Prairie Rose , I wouldn't call the last 2 winters here in C. IL wimpy! We got down to -20 degrees F for days. This year is more mild, but that sets us up for ice, and ice, fortunately, is coming in after dark...on a Friday. Enough time for everyone to get home and hunker down. THEN, it turns to rain. THEN, we go from 41 degrees F for a high to a Sunday morning low of 4 above.
The famous ice storm 30ish years ago knocked out power in rural areas for 2 weeks.
I am marinating a chuck roast in the fridge for tomorrow night. Had to use up some cheap sweet wine that somebody left at my October Salsa Party.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Prairie Rose , I wouldn't call the last 2 winters here in C. IL wimpy! We got down to -20 degrees F for days. This year is more mild, but that sets us up for ice, and ice, fortunately, is coming in after dark...on a Friday. Enough time for everyone to get home and hunker down. THEN, it turns to rain. THEN, we go from 41 degrees F for a high to a Sunday morning low of 4 above.
The famous ice storm 30ish years ago knocked out power in rural areas for 2 weeks.
I am marinating a chuck roast in the fridge for tomorrow night. Had to use up some cheap sweet wine that somebody left at my October Salsa Party.
Sounds almost EXACTLY like our weather. Last winter was BRUTAL. Preparing to hunker down this weekend also~

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Quote Carol Dee: I wouldn't call the last 2 winters here in C. IL wimpy! We got down to -20 degrees F for days.

-20 Now that sounds COLD ```

yes. we just had our first refill of propane for the winter. price not too bad. one thing about a milder winter is that it does help with the bills.

already almost a month past solstice. the days are getting longer. it's getting there...

i can't remember Richard if you are up near Tahoe or further south... i see a nice storm has been heading through. good to see as the snow pack was a bit lower than average so this should help it a lot. :)

Latest posts