Weather Where You Are

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I debated where to put this but figured it was appropriate in a weather thread to show some of our differences. I planted a half-dozen of my production beans, Blue Jay Bush last Wednesday, February 13, to see what would happen. This happened, I took this shot a few moments ago.

My soils temperatures are now in the upper 60's and the low in my 10-day forecast is in the upper 40's so I thought I'd take a chance. I now have the rest of my production beans and my network beans in the ground. If I need to I can replant and will not have lost anything, I save my own seeds. Part of my rush is to get growing which I suspect most of us share. Part of it is to see if I can get two dried bean growing seasons in down here with my extended growing season. That will really help me in trying to stabilize my network beans.

Bean Sprout.jpg

I'm going to be off the forum for a few days to take care of personal stuff. Thought I'd leave this teaser so you don't forget me.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wweellll, @Ridgerunner ...

I'd like you to know that we have gained nearly 2 hours of daylight since the shortest day.

And, while I was checking on the sun rising and setting, I learned that today is International Mother Language Day! So:

"Katimma ish ia?" Which Dad, although not a Choctaw, would recognize as "Where are you going?"

:) Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Driving up to Kansas. My wife's mother passed after a long long fight with Alzheimer's. We are going to the funeral. A few years back my wife missed her aunt's funeral due to weather delays and cancellations this time of the year. We both grew up driving in snow, her more than me, so we'd rather drive than be at the mercy of flying weather.

Those that have lost people to Alzheimer's can kind of understand the emotions. You have had time to prepare, the person that passed is not the person that you once knew, yet emotions run really high. Death is never easy but in some ways this is easier than when her father passed from heart failure.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Driving up to Kansas. My wife's mother passed after a long long fight with Alzheimer's. We are going to the funeral. A few years back my wife missed her aunt's funeral due to weather delays and cancellations this time of the year. We both grew up driving in snow, her more than me, so we'd rather drive than be at the mercy of flying weather.

Those that have lost people to Alzheimer's can kind of understand the emotions. You have had time to prepare, the person that passed is not the person that you once knew, yet emotions run really high. Death is never easy but in some ways this is easier than when her father passed from heart failure.
Understandable on Alzheimer’s. Body alive, person you know is gone. Drive safe..

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weather is nuts, temps near normal then bottom out. Every time we get snow we get BIG winds and drifting. We have missed 8 days of school so far this winter. ugh. Roads have been treacherous. Now with a slight thaw and a big rain event to come Saturday they will be a rutted sucky mess! Followed by possibly more snow! I am so done with winter. There where 15 power poles down between Long Grove and Eldridge last week. It only took them 1 1/2 days to get them back up. Impressive.

Latest posts