Weather Where You Are

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
SEVeyesB04_th[1].gif

I've got TWO fans going because the AC doesn't seem to get into my room very well....

I'm ready for fall weather, tired of being hot and humid. Archery season for deer came in last Saturday, I haven't even thought about going In the woods yet. Temps are still In the upper 80's with plenty of humidity.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
It only cooled here for two days, warming back up to mid-70's / low 80's for the next week - and staying dry. :celebrateNice to be able to dry out after the mini-monsoon, and get into the gardens again. I'd have no complaints if it wasn't for the clouds of mosquitoes that followed the rain, they are especially thick in the pole beans. :barnie

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
This week it cooled down into the mid 70's and raised the humidity a bit. This will help with the fires and the smoke. We actually had clear days for a week, but the smoke drifts back in the early evening.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots cooler here. Puts stress on the plants day after day ... and they look like it.

Even with our forever without rain, moderate drought (by our semi-arid standards), one of the hottest days I have ever experienced in 50 years of living here -- we couldn't beat Fargo for 2018 accumulated growing degree days!

(Link) We squeezed past Devil's Lake but averages were locally lowered by the West's arid conditions and nights when the warmth dropped like it might on a desert mountaintop!

Both the nearby Spokane weather station and North Dakota had growing season warmth about 16% higher than average. Wow!

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jacob on roof.jpg
Picture of DS on the roof cleaning the stove pipe. Doing everything to try to be prepared, warm and cheerful this fall and winter. Last year was the worst of my life losing DH. This year DD was kind of gloomy about winter coming and I said we need to just quit it now. Turn on more lights, cook more food, decorate, and have our homes as warm and cozy as possible and be CHEERFUL. Then, the other day we got the shocking news our Pastor died. No health problems. Strong as a horse. The one that brings us all the wood. He sat down in his kitchen chair and died. He looked like he was asleep. His wife found him. We have been in shock and sadness a few days, but I am not going to dwell on it. We lost not only our Pastor but a friend. He said Sunday he could not wait to go to heaven and see and he named several people who have recently died in our church, and one was DH. So he is in heaven and we are all here and have to go on. His wife, wow, she is in for a hard road, but she has 5 sons, 2 daughters and many grandchildren, and a church family. Garden wise, picked about a gallon of beans again today and going out in the morning and bring in the last of the tomatoes and a few peppers out there. There are even flowers on the pepper plants. I guess I will pick the squash if it looks like it will freeze. The Butternut are turning a little bit brown.

Latest posts