Weather Where You Are

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you remember how we learned to fold squares of paper and with scissors cut into the folds?

With sufficient folds and sufficient cuts, with little bits of paper strewn about, we would unfold our snow flakes.

Lay these unique paper snowflakes together and connect them with transparent tape. A couple of thumb tacks on either side of a window, on the wall, or above an open doorway --- one of winter's charms is brought indoors.

:) Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, he brought the wood in and I knew this morning would be first fire. I think the garden is done. I have not been out, but the car had a little ice on the windshield. Sun is shinning now, 34 when I got up and 35 right now. The kale and collards will be fine.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
going to be one of those weeks (rained most of yesterday and last night):

Columbus Day
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Areas of fog before noon. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind 6 to 8 mph.
Tuesday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. South southwest wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday
Showers and thunderstorms likely after 2pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 76. South wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Wednesday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely before 8pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 8pm and 2am. Low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Saturday Night
Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Sunday
Showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
semi solid air here at the landfill today
fog.jpg

There's a very large mountain of trash behind those trees....

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pretty much the same weather pattern as @flowerbug , except that it may get colder here once the rain (finally!) passes. Frost likely for several days later in the week, wouldn't be surprised if a freeze sneaks in there somewhere. A week of rain this time... the garden never did completely dry out from the 10 days of rain (over 12") we had in September. Got a lot of garlic to plant this month (17 varieties) but really need a good dry spell to till & hill the bed. At this point, it would take at least a week for the ground on the high end to dry out.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's raining.

Since the rain began falling sometime after dark yesterday, there has been about 1/8" of precipitation. The way the radar map looks, this should double.

Yesterday, I mowed the neighbor's lawn where the big veggie garden's sprinklers hit it and the grass grows. This is the lawn where the neighbor is not watering. He hasn't been around for weeks at a time, this year.

Funny thing about dry grass - where I pushed the mower too far from the sprinklers back in July, you can still see the wheel marks. This little October rain should bring some growth before real Autumn cold again shuts down the bluegrass.

Steve

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm in San Jose CA taking care of my niece for the week while sis and her hubs are on vac in Wash DC. Its been gorgeous - mid 70's, low 60's at night, and I've been sprucing up her yard and court yard for her. (She's got a black thumb). I also repotted her orchids and an ancient Xmas thingie red flower plant blooms,,,,,,this is me. I cannot remember things as quickly as before....ah!! Christmas cactus. (I think...)