Weather Where You Are

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We also had green beans last night, @Gardening with Rabbits :).

They have surprised me enuf that I now expect that the plants will produce late/late. Sometimes, it has been some of my most uncomfortable times in the garden, sitting on a stool, wind blowing, sprinkling rain, cold ... A frost-tender plant that delivers when it's like 40°f, is extraordinary.

I guess that I'm waiting for the wind to pick up, now. The WS says that it will worsen every hour of the day until after sunset and snow starts. We should be hoping for morning rain or there may be blowing dust. I would rather just be riding off into the glow at sunset under clear skies as usual. For 2019, this alternative may be some kind of suitable end to the growing season. Or, what?

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
EFhs9B6WwAEPwfV.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Circumstance, @ducks4you :).

just a joke ... kinda like "running off the rails." Usually, it is a quiet Autumn night at the season's end. Freezing begins at 1am and that's it ...

There is this idea out there that frost comes with a full moon. Maybe it's because us fair-weather gardeners don't bother to be out in the dark but venture out under the full moon and discover frost all over our lawns. Or, there is really something to the myth. I'd like to point out that today is the New Moon. Dark as the dickens out there, here under the clouds at 6am! Oh well, I have finished breakfast and enjoying my second cup of Oolong.

:) Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snowing here, but not sticking. Wind is blowing. I am going to put plastic up on the hutch on north end. They do have a 6-foot wood fence there blocking, but might as well get that put up. Normally put plastic up in November and last year did not put it up until we had a real cold spell in January. Weather report still says we will have 1-3 inches of snow by Sunday afternoon. It is 38 and feels like 24 at the moment.

Latest posts