Weather Where You Are

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's raining! "New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible."

I'm happy with anything! Altho ... the 3/100's of an inch of July rain really, passed unnoticed :rolleyes:.

Looking at Environment Canada radar map last night, I thought that the little storm in south central BC was likely to just swirl above the border and maaybe, slide into Montana. No. It slid further south first!

Steve :frow

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's been raining fairly non-stop since last evening. at times pretty heavy. they have flood warnings out now, but not too likely to be happening here. downhill of us perhaps in the 100yr flood plains.

may be more than a five incher again.

i'm glad we got the tomatoes picked and canned yesterday, but i may be in for a loss on any beans that were drying and getting ready for picking (mostly the earliest lima beans). looks like i won't get to that until tomorrow now. it's going to be a muddy mess... then more rains in the forecast for late Tues/Wed.

Mom went out to do some things in the garage i told her to take her water wings. :)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My forecast calls for a pretty pleasant week down here. It's basically identical each day until Friday, within a degree. High of 87, low of 75, with 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms or showers each day. Dew points in the mid to upper 70's which gives "feels like" temps in the upper 90's for maximums. Yesterday's forecast was similar but those scattered thunderstorms missed my area so no cooling from the rain, the "feels like" made it to 103. The daily rainfall estimates from today through Friday are 0.47, 0.28, 0.21, 0.37, and 0.37. If it's like yesterday and those scattered thunderstorms and showers miss me it will be 0.0 precipitation but if you get hit with a heavy one the amount could be a lot more. Not enough for flooding though, nothing that local drainage and pumps can't handle.

You may recall a time last summer where a lot of New Orleans drainage pumps were not working and parts of the city flooded in a heavy rain. It made national news. I'm on the other side of the Mississippi River and in a different parish so I'm not covered by those pumps anyway. There has been a big turnover in management at the Orleans Sewage and Water Board since that evident show of incompetence. I think the mayor was embarrassed enough by the former management lying to him about the pump readiness and operation that he actually did something about it.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My weather is pretty much the same every day. Although there have been some days where it's been hazy due to the fires but those seem to have stopped. Temps. 67°.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's raining! "New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible."

I'm happy with anything! Altho ... the 3/100's of an inch of July rain really, passed unnoticed :rolleyes:.

Looking at Environment Canada radar map last night, I thought that the little storm in south central BC was likely to just swirl above the border and maaybe, slide into Montana. No. It slid further south first!

Steve :frow

I don't know what the totals around my place came to, but it seems we got a healthy amount
(for n. Idaho summer). It was raining good this morning, and rained off and on last night. It has washed the trees off, settled the dust on the gravel road, and hopefully cleaned some of the smoke out of the air. Feeling like fall!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 47 °f, this morning. That's according to the wunderground volunteer with the good thermometer. The same temperature at the school near the big veggie garden.

It froze at my garden on this date one year. Didn't do a lot of damage but the cool weather shut everything down. I felt cheated.

It won't freeze here anytime soon. I hope. At the same time, I know that a quick end to summertime weather would help with the wildfires. Of course, the human population would just fire-up the furnaces and our homes would join transportation and industry in filling out air with smoke.

Clean air officially this AM with a silvery full moon shining. Here's something that looked like our daytime sun just a few days ago ... but, I like it better.

ED636F9E-55C0-468E-AAB6-451715DC5471.jpeg

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
"How high's the water Papa?" six feet high and rising...

rains yesterday, super hot and muggy then more rains this morning and still going. i was hoping the 20% chance of rain would miss us as it usually does. nope. supposed to be pretty hot and muggy today too.

dry for weeks then 7 inches of rain in a few days.

*goes back to sleep*

Latest posts