Weather Where You Are

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winds are coming in from the ocean, bringing over 1,100 miles of smoke with it. Red Flag warning this afternoon. Entire county on Level 1 evacuation now.

The wind will then divert to the north east where it will blanket (further blanket) oregon, washington and Idaho.

Golfers playing on the course this morning. No masks. "Hazardous" air quality. They can't even see where their ball lands on the fairways its so dense out there. They are idiots.

My navy blue car is slowing changing to a white car from the ash.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The weather forecast read it was 16 but it was much higher than that it reached 22 and hour ago as the sun was setting
20200913_190123.jpg

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winds are coming in from the ocean, bringing over 1,100 miles of smoke with it. Red Flag warning this afternoon. Entire county on Level 1 evacuation now.

The wind will then divert to the north east where it will blanket (further blanket) oregon, washington and Idaho.

Golfers playing on the course this morning. No masks. "Hazardous" air quality. They can't even see where their ball lands on the fairways its so dense out there. They are idiots.

My navy blue car is slowing changing to a white car from the ash.
The impact of all of those fires may actually exceed the eruption of Mt. St. Helens, if it hasn't already done so. I guess at this point wind is a mixed blessing; it clears the smoke (or re-directs it) but at the risk of intensifying the fires. What you really need is widespread rain - without lightning! I hope you get some soon.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner I hope the hurricane is easy on you. Sally is moving slow and is expected to dump a LOT of rain. She is also pushing a big storm surge ahead of her. People in low areas better evacuate and get out of there. I know you know how to prepare, so just hunker down. We sheltered people in our house in Livingston, bread was not to be had, as usual, so I made flour tortillas and had precooked roast beef. We did a roast beef wrap with those tortillas and they were a meal for for the Weather Gods. LOL It is handy to have a gas grill or BBQ pit. At that particular time, we had neither, so the guys dug a pit in the yard and I dropped a rack out of the oven over it.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Weather report say
It's 24 here with wind being 9. My outside monitor is saying it's 53
Don't know how this picture looks of our sun
20200914_152059.jpg

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
bread was not to be had, as usual,

Funny you mentioned that. I went to the store yesterday, the only thing I got was a loaf of bread. I got the last loaf of sandwich bread in the place. The only reason I got that was a lady had picked it up by mistake thinking it was a different kind of bread so she came back to put it back. It was a store brand so a strange packaging.

My only other prep purchase was I filled my 5-gallon gas can so I can run the generator if I need to. I expect power to go out for a lot of people here. I don't know if I'll be one or not but when a hurricane hits people lose power. The generator is mainly for the fridge but will come in handy to recharge devices. Cars were already topped off.

I'm inside the flood walls so surge shouldn't be a problem for me. I don't expect any real damage from wind but we'll see. I'll finish my outside preps by 1:00 today, a few hours before we are likely to see any real effects, it's already bit breezy. I've already done most of it, cleaned the drains and secured most of what might fly around in the wind. About the only thing left is putting the cars where they are more protected and moving the trash can and grill into the workshop.

Sally is slow moving which does translate into heavy rain. I'm up high enough I'm not really worried about me. Latest forecast says we are on the dry side, though not by much. On this one the "Dry Side" may be a matter of degree. I'm sure I'll post when I can after it is over. That depends on when and if I have power.

You've been through these. This is a Category 1 and not that big in areas. It's not a big cat 3 or 4. You have to respect it but I'd be more worried about those fires out west. We can use prayers too but don't forget those folks out there.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The local Weather Service people are waxing poetic:

"Although northwest air now might be scary...
And you feel like a coalmine canary...
Today’s weak front will come...
Giving relief to some...
Even though it’ll be temporary."

:D Steve
a limerick right now helps. the chance of a sprinkle tonight has been deleted - 0%. however, there is a 50% chance now for friday :fl

Latest posts