Weather Where You Are

jamespm_98

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
12 degrees in the upstate of SC. :rolleyes: We aren't use to this and we have a few more days of this weather in the forecast. Had to tuck in the rabbits and chickens last night to keep everyone warm.

Chiefs Mess

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Lets see, started to snow Dec. 18; had about 20" (my measurement from my backyard, but darn close to what the weatherman claimed) Thank goodness Christmas Vacation started with school. Had some warm spells for a short short spell. Today still have some snow on the roof and here/there on the ground.
Bitterly Cold yesterday and today with the wind, about 5 degrees last night. Maybe just maybe hit 30 degrees during the day today.
School and work starts tomorrow, not looking forward going out 6:30 am to warm up the truck. BRRRRRR

Have pics but not sure how to do it and son woke up sick this morning to help. Hope he is not getting the flu. He has been mucking stalls since Mon. after Christmas in this cold weather.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Had our first HARD freeze last night....got down into the low 20's. Just come back in from cutting down the "elephant ears" (some stalks are still frozen solid) and moving them to the compost pile.
I try not to miss any opportunity to "add to the pile".

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We're not yet in the DEEP FREEZE (-10 to -20 degrees F), but it's as cold outside as it is in my upright freezers! 4 degrees in the freezer, high today of 12 degrees, cold tonight of 7 degrees

Guess you could say that we're hard frozen! :lol:

2ndtimearound

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's a mess here - 16 inches of snow, then another 19 inches and night before last 3-4 inches more! :barnie This morning the temp was -19 and it got all the way up to a whopping 1 degree!! :he I'm Omaha born and raised, but enough already! We are carting off the snow with front loaders and dump trucks, taking it to the city dump. Piling it up on empty lots and pitching it off of overpasses. And that still doesn't take care of the mountains and mountains of it sitting all over the place. It's a mess and we're running out of places to put it! :th January can't go away fast enough! Besides, all I want to do is get outside and work in my butterfly garden and build a little cage for the caterpillars...:throw (ahem, rant over - for NOW!) :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:welcome 2ndtimearound!

I know many folks have it worse than we do here, so I'll not complain! :p It's just colder than we're used to! Been a long time since we've had so much snow here.

2ndtimearound

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Journey, nice to be here. :ya

Except that it's so cold outside!! :hide

Latest posts