Weather Where You Are

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, well well we are suppose to be getting hit hard with some snow this weekend, the first real storm of the year.
I don't know if its going to be what they are claiming its going to but either way I am pretty sure we are all set here.
I hadn't planned for this storm specifically but am prepared in general for the season.
I have lots of firewood, food (just processed chickens this morning so we will have roast chicken dinner tomorrow) and games, movies, books and lots of seed catalogs etc.
I already had batteries, candles, flashlights and that kind of stuff.
We bought chicken feed in bulk already before winter set in so we loaded up the feeders and they have the heated waterers so they will be fine until I can get them shoveled out.
The only bummer is the eggs can freeze and crack and I have been getting alot of eggs this week but other than that the animals should be good to go.
Getting snowed in won't be so bad.
I hope everyone else is in good shape and you don't lose electricity or heat.
Stay toasty warm everyone.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got 7" of snow! :celebrate

We haven't had a "real" snowfall in like 10 years. Roads have been pretty much clear, power stayed on and it's not too cold so I can't complain!

It's so pretty and I love how snow makes everything so quiet.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today was sunny and very mild. Typical California weather! I do hope it rains this coming week because that will mean snow up at our cabin where we, friends, and family will be going the week after Christmas! We love to have snow!:) But maybe not as much as some of you.:)

Mary

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well they are referring to it as a blizzard now, it snowed all night and its still coming down.
The winds are 60mph
I heard there was 10 inches in Boston early this morning and to expect between 16-24 inches by the end of today.
I haven't ventured out yet myself. We are going to make Christmas cookies today and decorate the tree, we usually like to do the tree on Christmas Eve but we will do it today to give the kids something fun to do.
Well, going to go peel some potatoes for the mashed potatoes I am making to go with the roast chicken.
I hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Raining cats and dogs all night out here on the Wet Coast. AS much as I don't care for rain, it's far better than the huge dump of snow we had last year at this time..
Thats my poor scarecrow under that snow..:)

CIMG3255.jpg

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LOL your scarecrow last year was depressed Bills!

we are rainy ...gloomy and rainy and did I mention rainy? a few sun breaks to give you false hope but mainly gloom... mid 40s to 50's typical winter on the Salish Sea

I will take it!!! better than last years snow and cold

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I like the pineapple expresses (rain from Hawaii). Feels balmy outside! :D

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

Another heavy fall of snow overnight in southern UK....!! Chaos here with people abandoning their transport. A lot of people can't get to work or pick up their shopping for the holiday. We have constant warnings on TV etc not to go out unless it is very important. Hospitals are cancelling non-emergency operations because their staff can't get in.

It is actually sunny at the moment but still well below zero. The snowfalls have moved north to Scotland but down here we will definitely have problems with icy roads overnight & tomorrow morning.
So far my chickens are fine. I have to keep renewing their water as it freezes fast -- we can't buy heated containers here. I have increased the amount of food I give them but they seem to be quite happy to go outside & they are standing around in patches of sunlight. So now the solstice is past I hope the gradually length of day will encourage more of my girls to lay.
One young pullet has been producing 6 eggs a week. She is a Dorking x White Plymouth Rock that was hatched in May this year.

I hope you all have a wonderful Happy Holidays ! :frow

:rose Hattie :rose

Latest posts