Weather

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
In the 90's here. We worked outside until 1:00 and came in soaking wet. I took clothes to washer and put vinegar in the bleach cup and in the fabric softener cup. This time of year, wet clothes sour and stink. The vinegar kills the odor and our clothes just smell fresh and clean.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks for the vinegar tip. I'll need it when summer arrives.

Right now though, DH is threatening to build a fire. It's been in the 60s, but now it's clouding up, with 40s overnight and high of 59 tomorrow.

It is going to warm up and become sunny at the end of next week, but these unpredictable spring cool periods are why we have hoop houses. I already see peppers and small eggplants forming out there!

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
Gonna be another hot & sticky one today!
Lots of outside work to do today! Hope everyone has a productive Saturday!
image.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We worked outside today. I got drenched with sweat in no time. We worked until noon, then changed clothes. We drank cold tea, rested, then I went back outside and got drenched again, rinse, repeat. Got soaked three times today, finally took shower and called it quits.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great day for working outside today. High in the mid 70s and comfortably cool with the breeze. Such a change from the 94 on Saturday.

Put my angels in the memorial garden and found my alligator for the hosta & reptile bed.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our thermometer shows 97 in the shade, with about 70 percent humidity. No rain lately, inch wide gaps in the soil.