Weather

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My favorite season is fall, winter, spring and NOT summer. Summer is good for making hay, growing gardens and bored out of school kids.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hate to complain, but I had to get a sweater out today.

Today was nearly perfect! A bit of a North breeze, temperatures between 68 and 75, just enough clouds to keep the world shady all day. Took down a few more branches -- this time from up near the road, closing in on neighbor's NEW boundary. Sure wish he'd get the surveyor working. I've never heard back from their lawyer and it's been over a month now.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Saw a multicolored halo around the moon tonight when I locked up the chickens. Beautiful and rather ethereal. It's supposed to mean rain is on the way. I didn't think rain was predicted. I guess I'll have to watch the weather tonight.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
100 degrees to snow! Could the weather be any more varied than that? :barnie

We have 95 degrees today, heat index of 108, NO breeze, under heat advisory and a thunderstorm watch. :thIt's hot, we are laid up under the AC and might crawl out later this evening, maybe 6 or 7. :\

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Summer Solstice!! Finally, some nice weather ..! I hope.

Soon as I write this, I go back and see that tomorrow is supposed to be windy. Maybe it will be okay. Certainly, we should be used to "windy" around here and in my big veggie garden.

The highs for the week in low 80's and high 70's. Not, middle 90's and 50's! Lows won't be flirting with frost.

I should get some pictures of the difference between the vine crops. I had them on the phone once and went deletion crazy, finished and they had disappeared! Anyway, I said something bad about melons recently, at least they didn't die! Squash and pumpkins are fine, cucumbers are in the middle. Goes to show the difference between those somewhat related plants.

Asters died and I won't take a picture. The ones closest to the protection of the sunflowers are okay. It's mostly a wind problem and they don't handle it well. Oh yeah, another windy day, tomorrow!
tumbleweed_zps70cf9c3a.gif

But, I'm going to be optimistic about today and later in the week!

:) Steve

Last edited:

Latest posts