Well good grief...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
This new site is very informative. Be sure you take some time to check it out. For instance, you can click on someone's name and find out what they have posted, and when they posted last. I have used that feature when I got to wondering if a particular person was still active.
Glad you finally found us again. I wonder how many other TEGers have not found their way to us?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's good to have you back. I find this new format less intuitive to navigate, but it's not bad when you get used to it.

Whether it is legal in Texas or not, that biowaste treatment is just not right. I took some courses for my Civil Engineering degree from one of the countries top experts on waste treatment at the time, at least he thought he was one of the countries top experts. I chose to follow other opportunities in Civil Engineering, not waste treatment, but those were required courses.

Those solids mentioned in the article should have been strained out and sent to the landfill before treatment started. If that stuff is treated properly there should be no smell. But straining that stuff out and treating it cost money, and most landfills charge for dumping. Whether that is a private operation or a government one, somebody is cutting corners to save money. Some corners shouldn't be cut. As an engineer I'm not happy about that. It makes engineers look bad even though it is probably not an engineer doing that.

I wish you luck in that battle.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
So glad you found us again! Good luck with your fight...we all are great fans of compost, but that is not composted! Would love to see pics of your beautiful gardens...

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey Lesa!!
Here is this year's garden... got a late start this year, but doing what we can...
This photo features my new chicken house, too! :)

More photos:
http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com/sassy_sweet_notes/2014/05/garden-update.html

6a00d8341c2d2753ef01a73dcb3dcb970d-800wi

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
SweetMissDaisy, how many chickens do you have? What is planted in those blue buckets? Are they recycled buckets or are they pots from H.Depot?

Mary

Latest posts