What are you eating from the garden today?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I dug into a few potato hills today; some that looked like they were yellowing. Got some nice Yukon Gold potatoes, averaged about 3 to 4 per plant. They're about the size of a tennis ball to baseball.
Haven't eaten them yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lettuce, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, rhubarb, potatoes, cabbage, kale, mustard, spinach. I could cut some Swiss chard, but just have not done it yet and I did not plant hardly any peas, but there are a few out there ready to pick and a banana pepper ready to pick.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
and a banana pepper ready to pick.
Pepper?!

My pepper plants look okay. Surprisingly! Weather miseries considered ... Might be flowering :).

I noticed that the two Bloody Butcher tomato plants I gave the neighbor have 1 ripe tomato, each.

She didn't remove flowers when she set them out last month, like I do. Her tomatoes look okay but they always look better than mine ... miles away. At least, they don't look "miles" better and I have grown accustomed to seeing this difference ... or, it would hurt my feelings.

;) Steve

Mauldintiger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Last couple of days I've been gathering produce from the garden to take take to the beach. 20+ lbs. of potatoes, onions, garlic, Tatume and Desi squash, tomatoes, peppers, cukes, and also pulled two spaghetti squash for curing here. Expecting a lot of stuff when I get back, even though the neighbor is going to pick Wednesday. Still no pests, knock on wood, though. I'll be keeping a sharp eye out for pickle worms over the next two weeks. Very pleased with the quantity and quality of the garden so far!

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is early here. We were eating greens and spinach, but they are bolting now. Picked some garlic scares yesterday.

The strangest thing I ate was a full size eggplant. The plants in the hoop house are always ahead of the game, but it will be awhile before tomatoes and more eggplant are ready. The peanuts (silly experiment) are getting flowers!