Reaction score
Finally some nice zucchini, and melon :D
30425.jpg

30424.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
though not a melon fan
Seems that I remember this un-explainable thinking 😵!

;) The Jolene peppers, a 2nd time for lunch. It's an unusually good pepper year and they are very productive but DW claims to prefer Giant Marconi. I think she is a bit more tolerant of having like 2 peppers/plant, than I am.

Broccoli. I'm thinking that this might be early for a second harvest, altho this is the plants' first. They were so beaten down by the flea beetles that the earliness went right out of them. They look okay now, a little faded from the terribly hot weather but quite recovered. The buds are nice and tasty even if about 6 weeks late. Often, the broccoli has trouble surviving an early harvest and I pull them. These guys already survived serious tribulations and are quite robust. I'm expecting lateral buds but we shall see ...

Steve

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
picked some more fresh beans for steaming later.

hot out there and not much of a breeze so by the time i was done with the morning weeding i came in and cooled off for a bit before going back out to pick beans. it is nice to have enough beans ready to be able to get enough quickly enough that the heat isn't unbearable, but by the time i had enough beans picked it was clearly time to come back in again.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
So...I make dinner Wednesday at My house (city meeting in the evening AND DD's don't have AC,) and I am ON TIME! I start at 4PM, make the hamburgers and store in the microwave, (No predators can touch them there,) start the almost 2 quarts of okra, clean the tomatoes and harvest the corn. I set out Everything except the hamburgers. Nobody is complaining about this.
Family said we could have had the meal without the meat. :love
THAT's a compliment and WHY WE GARDEN!!