What are You Eating from the Garden?

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Made chili and used some garlic I harvested. Best year for garlic. I'm so excited!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200513-174311_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200513-174311_Gallery.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 153

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@seedcorn I told you I'd post photos of that too tightly planted corn when I ate some. That was last night.

This first one shows it after I stripped off most of the outside husks and the silk sticking out.
View attachment 35548

This one is after stuck it in the microwave, I cooked it for 90 seconds on high on one side then turned it over and cooked it for a minute and a half on the other side, Then finished husking and silking it.

View attachment 35547

To me the real test will come in a month. That's when I get into the third batch I planted, It's more "interior" which mainly means more shaded. I plan to side-dress that with nitrogen this afternoon.

you ever try the green silk? it's pretty good. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm eating STRAWBERRIES from the garden View attachment 35557!!
Last year I had teeny-tiny little slugs in there that made me scrub the few un-damaged ones I could find half to death. This year - so far - I'm getting just enough every evening for a nice bowl of berries and cream after dinner.

ours are just starting to bloom. looking forwards to some fresh berries. :) enjoy! :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
My Rhubarb Bread and a pot of sauce 😋

View attachment 35555
The loaf cracked and I didn't have the sugar, cinnamon and walnut topping to hide that. Also made it with whole milk instead of buttermilk. Had planned on using Greek yogurt. DW went to store twice this week. (How's that for social distancing?) Promised to buy yogurt each time, forgot twice ...

We will have it after shrimp and bok choy stir-fry for dessert.

:) Steve
WOW!!! You let NO grass/rhubarb grow under Your feet!! :p

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We had green beans & sweet potatoes I canned last year. Some peppers I dehydrated last year. I pulled about 30 of my onions today, so had 1 of those. Also opened up a jar of chicken I canned last week to put in a casserole. It was all good!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@seedcorn I told you I'd post photos of that too tightly planted corn when I ate some. That was last night.

This first one shows it after I stripped off most of the outside husks and the silk sticking out.
View attachment 35548

This one is after stuck it in the microwave, I cooked it for 90 seconds on high on one side then turned it over and cooked it for a minute and a half on the other side, Then finished husking and silking it.

View attachment 35547

To me the real test will come in a month. That's when I get into the third batch I planted, It's more "interior" which mainly means more shaded. I plan to side-dress that with nitrogen this afternoon.

that is some BEEE-YOOO-T-FULL CORN!! How do you keep the worms out of it?

Latest posts