What are You Eating from the Garden?

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally ready to pluck from tree, first ever pears! One week until ripe, yeah?
Hope they're good.
20190802_213701.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
cucumbers. we picked another three buckets between yesterday and the day before. i've now gotten close to where we have enough for ourselves put up but Mom says her friend wants to make some pickles. i want to remove most of the plants because like last year i see myself still making pickles when trying to do everything else too and it's too much... we can give a lot of them away, but just the time spent in picking and transporting is getting harder to find.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
In case some of you don't know, you put hard pears into paper (lunch size) sacks, non refridgerated, and they ripe for you. My little pear tree survived blight and has about 12 fruit this year. I have a friend with established trees and I will be calling her in a month to harvest the extras!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Three ears of Sweet Corn!

With my chard and little smokies ...

Premature but it's difficult to wait when the kernels begin to change color and it is oh so tender. Besides, there is plenty more on the way! Have to keep up :).

Steve
Sure, rub it in. I hope the wild life enjoyed mine......they didn’t touch the Swiss chard.....I’d like to make little (or large) smokies out of them...

Latest posts