What are You Eating from the Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will put all this over here because I'm mortified that I'm so far behind @Ridgerunner in being able to hit that high point of eating summer garden veggies. Ridge' is eating beans and will have sweet corn before I have the seed and seedlings in the ground!!

Asian Greens? I just enjoyed broccoli raab with lunch. This also was out of the hoophouse and we have had choy sum as well as the bok choy, which continues.

In the garden, more onion plants went in as well as the leeks. Italian broccoli (;)) and a couple varieties of cabbage plants were set out. Tomorrow, a second sowing of pea seed can go in. Of course, none of these things can be eaten yet but, the peas are up and growing!

Broccoli raab and "Italian" broccoli? I believe that I have read that broccoli raab is thought to have crossed Eurasia by way of the Silk Road. Whatever the case, it is in the turnip/bok choy family and a different species from broccoli, in the cabbage family.

Steve

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Lots of salad greens. One good thing about the cold weather is the lettuce and spinach leaves are sweet. Also few peas, strawberries and asparagus. My blueberry bushes are loaded. I planted bare root raspberries and blueberries and I'm so excited to see all the raspberries and half of the blueberries growing leaves!

Attachments

• 20200506_084411.jpg
    20200506_084411.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 206

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will put all this over here because I'm mortified that I'm so far behind @Ridgerunner in being able to hit that high point of eating summer garden veggies. Ridge' is eating beans and will have sweet corn before I have the seed and seedlings in the ground!!

But you will enjoy a lot of things I can't down here. It all evens out. Now what did you just eat?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What did I have to eat for lunch from the garden, today?

It was a slice of rhubarb pie, @Ridgerunner .

@ducks4you , DW likes to use both tapioca and a spoonful of flour. She claims that either one without the other isn't as good a choice.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have rhubarb up!!! Recipes?!?!?

Just made these, added more rhubarb than called for, I like them. Much easier than pie. Several custard pies are good-hard to mess up as even botched rhubarb pie is good..... :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We froze one rhubarb pie and have just finished it with the late morning coffee.

This question occurred to me:

Is there anything other than rhubarb where we use plant stems or leaves for a dessert?

Steve

Latest posts