heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I made zucchini lasagna.

Noodles;
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup mozzarella
1 baseball bat zucchini

Quarter and reseed zucchini. Grate it. By handfuls, squeeze the water out. Should yield around 2 1/2 cups, packed.
Mix in beaten egg and mozzarella.

Prepare 2 cookie sheets, cover with parchment paper. Spread zucchini mixture about 1/4” thick. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes, let cool 10 minutes. Cut into strips and follow your favorite lasagna recipe.

View attachment 42525

View attachment 42526

I diced up a yellow squash and onion and included that in the sauce. The only thing I didn’t raise was the mozzarella, seasoning and cottage cheese. I raised the beef hamburger, tomatoes for the sauce, onions, eggs, zucchini, yellow squash.
Wheat free lasagna!? I'm in heaven!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made coleslaw and we have been eating fried yellow squash and tonight I just took out of the oven 2 loaves of chocolate zucchini bread. Eating a lot of cherry tomatoes. I put a bunch of peppers in the freezer. I am going to try to figure out how to dehydrate them breaded. Maybe a small batch every now and then. We were buying dehydrated peppers but they are not organic.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made coleslaw and we have been eating fried yellow squash and tonight I just took out of the oven 2 loaves of chocolate zucchini bread. Eating a lot of cherry tomatoes. I put a bunch of peppers in the freezer. I am going to try to figure out how to dehydrate them breaded. Maybe a small batch every now and then. We were buying dehydrated peppers but they are not organic.

"dehydrate them breaded"? kinda confused by that... not that i wouldn't try it. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i should also mention that grape leaves are often very useful and edible. :)

"If your Momma don't like chard and your Daddy don' rock n roll..." to take a phrase from a song...

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score

Attachments

• peppers.jpeg
    peppers.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 101

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Air fried?

What happened to the excitement in air fryers? DW used it until the lid broke. Replaced the lid, put it away and I haven't seen it since ... altho I must have been the person assigned to carrying it down to the basement.

I hope that her interest in the dehydrater doesn't wane with only her enthusiasm for the tomato chips. No way will we have as many tomatoes this year but she is again munching on kale chips from the store.

Those look good, @Gardening with Rabbits :). Maybe a good use for the Serrano peppers this year. They are new to me but the plants are doing okay.

Steve

Latest posts