Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I made zucchini lasagna.

Noodles;
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup mozzarella
1 baseball bat zucchini

Quarter and reseed zucchini. Grate it. By handfuls, squeeze the water out. Should yield around 2 1/2 cups, packed.
Mix in beaten egg and mozzarella.

Prepare 2 cookie sheets, cover with parchment paper. Spread zucchini mixture about 1/4” thick. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes, let cool 10 minutes. Cut into strips and follow your favorite lasagna recipe.

View attachment 42525

View attachment 42526

I diced up a yellow squash and onion and included that in the sauce. The only thing I didn’t raise was the mozzarella, seasoning and cottage cheese. I raised the beef hamburger, tomatoes for the sauce, onions, eggs, zucchini, yellow squash.
I made this for dinner tonight :)

It looks amazing and I am excited to eat it.

Thanks for sharing the recipe. It was so timely as I had just harvested a baseball bat zucchini lol!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So many cucumbers! I see lots of cucumber salads in my future...
20210802_130347.jpg
20210802_190317.jpg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hear you on the cukes. We’ve given away so many that the neighbors are locking their doors and turning off the lights when they see me coming ....

Green beans are also doing well. Zucchini and summer squash dies from bugs-never get enough for bread. Had first fry of okra but plants are spindly-not sure why this year?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@heirloomgal and @seedcorn here is my pickle recipe. They are great on hamburgers, hot dogs and make the best deviled eggs. I put some of the syrup in the egg yolks and chopped pickles. Yummy!

I've made these since I was in High School. The recipe came from my Great Grandmother to my Grandmother to me.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@heirloomgal and @seedcorn here is my pickle recipe. They are great on hamburgers, hot dogs and make the best deviled eggs. I put some of the syrup in the egg yolks and chopped pickles. Yummy!

I've made these since I was in High School. The recipe came from my Great Grandmother to my Grandmother to me.

Thanks @baymule! I really enjoy a great pickle! :)

Latest posts