What are You Eating from the Garden?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Green beans, tomatoes, squash, zucchini bread, but did not make any this week. We had 2 birthdays 2 days apart, DS turned 22 and Evelyn THREE LOL so we have cake and ice cream to eat first. I finally started getting some cucumbers. I was looking on the ground and I have this little piece of fence I put up to keep them from crawling across where I walk and climb the fence with the beans, and walked past and there I finally saw cucumbers hanging off that fence right in front of my eyes. I also moved some leaves around a squash plant and it was like just inches from where I walk and if I had hit this with my shoe, I would have gone head first in the squash plants. This yellow squash was as big as a watermelon. I put it in the compost bin. lol

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rhubarb Pie!

DW was quite selective about which stems to use. And, left quite a mess of bad leaves on the lawn. I hope that she appreciated me and the difficulty in watering the plants, squeezed against the neighbor's fence and the end of the greenhouse.

Her choices were delicious. A crust seems especially good on a rhubarb pie :).

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A mini raspberry forest :love
123262487_10221887912761121_5299224124432102207_o.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Dahlia , I guess that I have had the wrong oregano in my garden, just about forever. Having pizza in a restaurant or buying it take and bake is okay and they almost surely have oregano. Anywhere I can use my basil, that is what I prefer. Walked by the Thai basil that has now "gotten away from us" and noticing it flowering - the fragrance of 4 big plants in bloom just about floored me - heavenly.

That reminds me! @heirloomgal said that Opal basil disappointed her. We knew a guy for years who claimed that Opal was the best basil for drying. Not growing it all for him, I had Opal with the ornamentals in the front yard. A very appreciated annual plant.

Screenshot_20210824-183048_kindlephoto-669094720.png

There are plenty of tomatoes for my tomato soup, tomorrow. They aren't up to usual performance but some are ripening :).

Steve

Latest posts