What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The Mama Chicken said:
I put in another 10 tomato seedlings yesterday. That takes me up to 60 now, with another dozen hardening off for later in the week. I think tomato math and chicken math are related...
most deffinately the same math I started out with 4 silkies to begin with we have 10 at the moment...Out city allows ten hens unfortunately I only have 7 hens...every time my broody girls hatch there is always at least one roo...we give them away as soon as possible... I always start more plants then I have room for and then scramble to find space for just one more tom plant...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dare I say it: peas.

Sweet peas in the flower garden, yesterday. Sugar Snaps in the little veggie garden, today. Yeah well, the soil temperature in the most protected part of my yard is 38F at a 4" depth.

Shallots and spinach have been planted. I might have plunked in some seed potatoes but forgot 'em. Certainly, with that soil temperature, it is just as well.

Steve

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Had time yesterday to move some of my Day Lilies... today's plan is to get into the compost pile...

Gnome_Czech

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Planted seeds today: multi colored carrots, german chamomile, leeks, lettus, white icicle radish, romanesque cauliflower and luffa

kathiesgarden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, the sun has finally returned to Eastern Washington. I have been outside a lot this week, cleaning up and dreaming of the good weather to come.

I reordered my zinnia seeds because I planted them too early and didn't provide enough artificial light (woops) many of them are too leggy and I want to make sure I have lots of these reliable bloomers this year. I think I still have time to get some good ones going. The other stuff I planted earlier is looking pretty good. Everything is now out in the greenhouse and seem to like it out there.

Hi to DigitS and all the Eastern WA/Northern ID gardeners out there. (All the rest of you too) More clean up today and dreaming of the projects I want to take on this season. Love the chicken talk, I am thinking about getting some as soon as I get around to making a shelter for them. I have to compete with my grandkids' fort plans, though. I think the fort gets first priority this year.

Happy gardening to all.
Kathie :coolsun

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Tomorrow Sis and I will put in the rest of the garden - squash, purple hull peas, corn, zukes, cukes. The tomatoes are looking better thank goodness. I raked all the straw mulch out of the garden so they can dry out. It's going to be beautiful weekend! :watering :bee

Gnome_Czech

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yesterday's seeds: peas, green beans, 3 different kinds of egg plant, 2 different kinds of beets.

Today I transplanted 3 celery and put a pear in the ground. it had been in a bucket waiting so patiently.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have some cool weather seeds planted in the garden (peas, lettuce, etc.) but today I finally planted my tomato seeds (indoors, of course!) Just doesn't seem like the garden is started until those are in the dirt!! Gardening season 2012 has begun!

Latest posts