What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today I started seeds of

Zinnia
Merrigold
Mortgage lifter tomato
marglobe tomato
yellow banana pepper
cal wonder pepper
lettuce

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wellp, I cut that Madrone, but looks like only one section is any good. My planting will have to be in a week or so. That's alright. Plenty of time.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Flowers . . :p

Calendula, China aster and more Snapdragon transplants. I noticed that the Love-in-a-Mist has emerged :).

Since the dang rabbit has been eating the beet seedlings in one garden, tomorrow I will plant more seed - elsewhere!

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wellp, this week I planted some assorted bramble berries. I bought too many to be able to plant until some things in the north row are done, so I'll be potting 4 of them up to grow that way a few months. I also bought a 6 pack of big rainbow tomatoes and planted one of them in the middle of the garden to hide from the animals. The other 5 I gave to a friend who I am helping to make a garden. I planted a Thyme, a tricolor sage, and a Rosemary. The nursery had 6 packs of overgrown plants for free. I got one of Red Ace Cabbage that will not head and planted one of them to use as Collards, then to allow to go to seed. It is an intensely red strain. I hope it crosses with my other Brassicas! The other 5 I gave to my friend. There's gonna be a lot of Collards soup this summer! Probably with Beans! They also had Lacinato Kale free in a similar condition, so I got one 6 pack of it, planted one, gave the rest to my friend. That kind makes good Collards too! I'll let it go to seed too, and hope it crosses too, along with that purple broccoli.

Today I got 3 assorted about 5 gallon planting pots for the berries. Need one more. Then we cut some dead Madrone, and some dead Manzanita for a gal in town, for firewood.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I planted garlic, onions, beans, sunflowers, indian corn, cucumbers, carrots, parsnips, and radishes. I just need the weather to warm up a bit so I can plant all my tomatoes and peppers.

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
I planted okra and ornamental corn in their 2012 bed. Just deep tilled it yesterday. Dragged my heel to make rows, dropped the seeds in (while standing) and kicked the loose compost/soil over the seeds. EASY as pie!!
it KILLS my DH that I just kind of make rows where it feels good. Nothing is straight or perfectly spaced... I like it that way because things are where they feel good to me.

I used the rake and walked backwards and kind of hoped I was going mostly straight and my rows are just fine.

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I put in some more watermelon seeds yesterday. Out of the 60 I put in 3 weeks ago only 1 came up, and 3 weeks before that I put in 80 seeds and only about a dozen came up. They were 3 different varieties too, so I don't think the seed was bad. The soil was probably too dry for them to germinate well so this time I'm taking better care to keep them nice and moist, which easier said than done here in Texas right now.