What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

akyramoto

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I planted blue corn today. My friend gave me six that she had started. This weekend I planted white corn, I think it's 'Silver queen'

had quite the time finding corn seeds around here this time of year.

nccountrygirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My hubby pulled up all the squash, zukes and cukes and we ammended the soil and planted 3 rows of Blue Lake bush green beans.

Awww..Dirt!

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yesterday I transplanted a huge princess flower bush!

Hopefully it takes, I was kinda harsh to it.
It was planted in a small area surrounded with cement.
So not a lot of room to dig. I ended up pulling the rest of it out with my truck, then it was so heavy I dragged it with the tractor to the backyard. Had to move it around with a pole under it, and pull with the tractor to straighten it up!

I was quite proud of myself for doing it alone!
The bush probably weights the same as me!
:weight

kenman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I pulled up my green beans a week ago and my corn stalks a few days ago and then on Saturday I planted 6 rows of sweet corn (peaches and cream variety) approx. 190 ft. total. and today i'm going to plant more green beans. I've always wanted to try a fall garden and this seems as good a time as any.

bearzhere

Sprout
Reaction score
We retilled and planted white silver type corn yesterday, and made hills for squash that I will be planting today. I also got my brocolli, cauliflower and cabbage started in pots since the rows arent retilled for them yet. This will be my first time for a fall garden so Im excited to see how well it does. Our summer garden didnt do well since we were busy with other things and the peas and first corn got away from us. Well good luck to all who plant a fall garden this year.

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I tore out the spring peas and replanted them for fall, plus okra, spinach, lettuce, carrots, beets, New Zealand and Red Malabar summer spinach...

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I bought 16 peonies at a nursery over the weekend and I am going to plant them today.
I also bought a some meadow sage and rudbeckia.
The nursery had taken a bunch of the peonies and put them in carts of 8 each. They marked the carts for $25.00 each.
These were indvidudally marked between 9.99 and 15.00 each but when this place marks things down they just make up carts and sell them off in package deals.
So I bought 2 carts of peonies for $50.00 and ended up with 16 beautiful, large, healthy plants.
I figure I saved at least a minimum of $110.00 if you go by the $9.99 price, but probably more than that.
I love peonies but they are so expensive to buy from the online/mail order nurseries, I see them there for $30.00 and more.
I got a real nice variety of several different colors.
I am going to go back today after I plant all these, they have other carts of assorted perrenials made up.
This place also does by 2 shrubs get 2 free every summer.I have gotten the most beautiful shrubs from this place. There is nothing wrong with these either, he just likes to move things along.
Last year I got a cart with 24 mums on it for $10.00.
Well, we will be busy digging holes this week.:)

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I pulled the corn yesterday need to get out there, amend and get some new seed in ASAP.
I also started some pickling cukes which are just about to set their first leaves so I need to find a spot for them....along with the 5 new varieties of toms I started a week ago :rolleyes:

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Today we planted 50-55 perennials, an assortment of:
brunera
sedum
rudbeckia
a variety of coneflowers
bellflowers
meadow sage
liatris
anise
achillea
russian sage
lavendar
hosta
also a couple of more shrubs:
juniper
cypress
one big beautiful lime hydrangea
2 more of the pink/blue hydrageas

I openly admit, my husband did dig all of the holes, but my finger is really tired from pointing.;)
After planting the 16 peonies yesterday thinga are looking good, just hope everything thrives. :fl

Latest posts