What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Chinese Lanterns went out, yesterday ... ;).

I was thinking how they were slug magnets in the greenhouse, before the bait went down. And, how little darkness we have when sunlight shot through my living room at 5am, this morning! They are tender, need sunshine, attractive to night marauders, new-to-me, and should enjoy a warm, sunny day! Chinese Lanterns, with only a few, short hours of darkness!

Those tender eggplants went out ahead of them. Everything is represented in the gardens except the melons. It isn't so much that I am apprehensive for them ... now ... it's just that I was habituated to giving them a late start. In 2016, it is likely that it's a very late start. Last frost must have been nearly 3 weeks ago.

:) Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have had cold wet weather the last few days. Peppers and tomatoes are standing with cold wet feet again. The weather guessers say warm by the weekend, but still wet, most likely. :(

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today - replaced a cherry tomato that was broken and killed by the wind. Need to do that for 1 or 2 more :confused:. I think that the Amy Sue tomato will be okay just by mounding more soil around its damaged stem.

Set out the cantaloupe and galia melons.

The new-to-me Yellow Doll watermelon will have to wait.

:D Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Anyone know much about the ever bearing strawberries that have the pink blossoms? Toscana, I do believe is the name of the ones I bought. Taste good? Bear well? Come back well the next year?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Potted up five fuchsias in hanging baskets today. I suppose they should have been listed in the plant ghetto . . . um . . .plant nursery thread earlier, but they are new and were merely homeless for a short time not forgotten in the nursery.

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
81 degrees' party cloudy, light breeze! Perfect time to weed the beds! Replanted 6 Basil & 4 Jalepenos. Planted @ 40 more bush beans. Pulled old carrot tops to feed to the chickens, now time to relax & watch the chickens peck peck peck
Hope everyone is having a great day!
Oh, & picked another basket of green beans! That will be my dinner along with some gold potatoes I pulled out a couple days ago! YUM

Last edited:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today - replaced a cherry tomato that was broken and killed by the wind. Need to do that for 1 or 2 more :confused:. I think that the Amy Sue tomato will be okay just by mounding more soil around its damaged stem.

Set out the cantaloupe and galia melons.

The new-to-me Yellow Doll watermelon will have to wait.

:D Steve

I may go to the Farmer's Market Saturday and see if I can find some melons. I did not start any, but hate to not at least try.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted some more onions. Dehydrated parsley last night and have oregano in the dehydrator now. Brought in some spinach and mustard greens, which are for supper, which is late. DD has chickenpox today.

Latest posts