What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I think my friend's tomato lady may be named Peggy. I've certainly heard her name before -- I even met her once when I was visiting and we stopped at the Farmers' Market. I just can't remember exactly. But I sent my bud a note to check.

It would be fun to find out that you guys know the same tomato lady. I know Donna speaks very highly about her tomatoes and relies on her for her good advice. Donna and I are both who-knows-what-the-h#ll-we're-doing-but-let's-keep-doing-it-until-something-works gardeners.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are getting "sunday school lessons" on TEG?

That's not so nice! Administration has good people if you would like to talk to someone @rainey.

I recall the conversation and it was not what I would consider offensive in the least. I remember it as very cordial. There has certainly been much more heat in TEG discussions even lately, and no need for an admin to step in.
If a person can't handle a different opinion without being encouraged to call in an administrator then maybe they are in the wrong place.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I recall the conversation and it was not what I would consider offensive in the least. I remember it as very cordial. There has certainly been much more heat in TEG discussions even lately, and no need for an admin to step in.
If a person can't handle a different opinion without being encouraged to call in an administrator then maybe they are in the wrong place.
I never catch anything. Maybe I didn't see or read it.

Mary

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I usually plant tomatoes the last week in March. Is your friend's tomatoe supplier Peggy by any chance? Although I don't think she has them that early. Just wondering if it's a small world.

Yup! She says her tomato lady is Peggy. And Peggy's supposed to bring tomato plants to market in 2-3 weeks.

As you say, small world and ain't that fun!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is so funny. Peggy has beautiful organic plants that I buy occasionaly. Seems like she is bringing tomatoes earlier. The nursery where I usually buy mine are not as high quality but they have them so much earlier. Looks like I will have to go back to the Temescal Farmers Market to buy from Peggy. I did some volunteer work for her when she was in Alameda. She always has a tomato tasting over Labor Day weekend which I miss because I'm always gone for that weekend.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
She always has a tomato tasting over Labor Day weekend
Labor
Day
Weekend?

In September? I will have tomatoes to taste that weekend! So ... :D ... why would I be there, either??

:D Steve
@rainey , that green smilie makes Mary uncomfortable so I only use it on special posts :D

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! :D Yeah he's kind of creepy.

My tomatoes are winding down by Labor Day. Maybe it's because I start mine earlier. I'll have to ask Peggy when she plants hers.

Today I fertilized my 4 rose bushes and my raspberries. Slowly getting everything fertilized. Now lets see if I can keep it up during the season.

Mary

Latest posts