What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
DS helped me plant potatoes, Pontiac, Russet, Yukon, red/red, Purple Viking and some early red and then I planted 31 cabbage plants. It rained after I got the cabbage in. I am not sure how wet it will be tomorrow.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Mid American Gardener warned us against cold May temperatures. We should NOT put out the tropicals, the tomatoes, peppers, basil and sweet potatoes until June. They also told us NOT to buy sweet potato slips and to NOT purchase any brussels spourts. We should start them late June and put them out in Late July for Fall frosty and sweet harvest. Putting them out in the spring won't work, bc they will taste sour. :sick
Today I up-potted purchased Sweet Bell peppers and jalepano peppers. The bell peppers freed up some green plastic pots and then I went to my stash for the bigger pots for Them. They will live on the front porch "greenhouse", east facing and south facing until next month:

I had another photo but Photobucket stops loading at 90%!
I transplanted 8 Sweet Bell peppers into big pots and transplanted 8 jalepenos that were in two cell packs. ALL of them were potbound, as they are when you buy them.

Last edited:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
After reading above about beans then I am going to calm down and just not hurry. I feel like I am so far behind. I put the tomatoes on the patio out of the sun. I am not sure if I should leave them or cover up again.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are not behind. My green beans all dead from frost.

Latest posts