What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
homesteadmom said:
Yesterday I planted watermelon, cantaloupe, jack o lantern & pie pumpkins & charentais melon seeds in starter pots. They will go in the ground in a couple of weeks most likely.

Rebbetzin, they are either gophers or the desert prairie dogs & are a huge pain which ever they are!! I have to deal with rabbits here too.
We have both the desert prairie dogs and a sort of chipmunk looking critter. They make me crazy!! I try to keep them out of the courtyard. They have over 3 acres they can dig in, why do they have to come into my tiny courtyard!!

I didn't like the way the photo of the lemom tree turned out yesterday... too much contrast between sun and shade. I will try for a better one tomorow. It is a cute little tree!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Planted some Tom Thumb Lettuce, White Radish and Buttercrisp lettuce. Good luck to me... I hope this nice weather is the beginning of the ending of winter.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I planted 50 wildflower packets, Cosmos, Snapdragons, Bachelor Buttons, Shasta Daisy, Baby's Breath, Californa Poppies, African Daisys, Petunias, Lobelia, Salvia, 4 O'CLocks, Hollyhocks, Alysium, and a few others I can't remember the names of. I hope at least 1/4 of them come up. We have a nice gentle rain here today that will keep them nice and moist.
Pottingflower.gif

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thinning out my seedlings this week as more than one came up in a few cups(I recycled our yogurt cups to start in). And getting my broccoli, cauliflower & cabbage started this week too(inside still).

Peeps

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Its been some time since I've been on here(computer crashed and couldn't remember the name of the site) but I'm back!!! I planted marigolds and better boy tomato seeds. Its my first time with tomato seeds. We'll see how they grow.:D

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:smack we have 3 ft of snow I have not planted any thing this month this week today or next week or the week after :tongue :somad :hit :hit

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Planted a new pomegranate tree today, bringing my pomegranate total up to two trees/bushes.

Hoping to plant more since they grow so well in my climate.