What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
These sprouts are the most spindly things I've ever seen. Is that normal for broccoli?
You can try to cool 'em down.

It may be hard to do with lots of sun but the lots of sun will help them grow more sturdy, anyway.

If they are not getting lots of sun . . . AND they are in 70F plus . . . they are goin' to s t r e t c h !

Probably, 60 would be a good indoor temperature for broccoli, cabbage and such.

Steve

dbjay417

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I think i've finally planted every variety I'm going to grow this year. Still have more seeds to germinate from some of the things though. My broccoli sprouts greeted me this morning. it will be fun to see how broccoli does in my climate. It is said that its a cool weather crop but, I wont be satisfied until i see for myself.

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
All my onion bulbs are now planted, planted more beets & radishes sun as a succession crop too. Still nees to replace 3 tomato plants that did not make it(seedlings). Replanted cantaloupe, yellow squash & zukes too(seedlings died too) & watermelon. There are little green sprouts everywhere out there!!

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My Russian Fingerlings arrived today! :weee I think it's still a bit early here so I'll wait a week or 2 yet I guess. Anyone have potatoes planted already in zone 5?

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
debiraymond said:
I am going to start with tomatoes and see how fast I kill them.
Are you starting seeds or buying plants? What zone are you in?
Think positive thoughts....they can feel those negative vibes! :gig

tomatokate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Today I planted a mixed variety of sunflower seeds in indoor containers.:cool:

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The last 7 days I have planted:
carrots-danvers half long
3 lettuces-dark green cos, buttercrunch and some type of bibb I forgot to label:rolleyes:
more radish-champion and sparkler white tip
endive
started my cherry tomatos-sweet 100
10 gladiola corms
sweet william
"rescued" 2 more nectarines from the compost from last year...even though it occurs to me that they are probably plums...which reminds me I need to search for what the pits look like.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got my 10 FREE trees from Arborday.org today. They are all little 1-2' runty branches. I have them sitting in water for now, and I will put the one's I've decided to keep in plastic containers and wait to transplant in the fall.

I'm keeping 2 dogwood, 2 crabapple and 2 washington hawthorn. I gave away 2 redbud to my neighbor to plant near his bee hive for early season flowers for his honey. Gave away my Goldenrain Trees to a friend to help her block her unsightly neighbor's yard.

Where I'm going to put those 6 for sure, I have NO idea! :/

Latest posts