What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

dbjay417

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
4 out of 9 of my cukes died upon transplant. Its okay because as i understand it this thing is gonna spread out and take lots of space. I'm running out of space. and i still have lots i wanna grow.

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Holy Moly! i planted snapdragon seeds 2 weeks ago and I THOUGHT I was careful to only get a few in each little cell....WRONG! lol I must have 30 seedlings in some of those little 2" cells. i tried transplanting some of them today. We'll see how that works out. lol
I have tomatoes that are about 3 " tall now so I pricked them out and transplanted them too. :tools

tomatokate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Today I planted "frosty" peas, red radishes, and ice tomatoes.:)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mmmm... I can't wait to put my tomatoes out! LUCKY!

I did however get out some of my morning glory vines AND my neighbor cut back some of his blueberry bushes and brought me 8 bareroot plants I put in :) I may or may not get berries this year... but next year will be nice.

freshfood

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Planting?? I'm delighted that I have a 15 foot diameter area of snow-less ground in the middle of my yard. Almost nowhere else on our 60 acres is yet snow free.

HOWEVER - I have snowdrops up and blooming, appropriately enough, right through the snow! And my crocuses are up tho not yet budding. and the daffodils and irises are up half an inch. there's still ten inches of snow on the garden, so I can't check for overwintered spinach, but we had some last year, so I have hopes...

I can't put tomatoes out in the garden until Memorial Day, so we'll be starting things in a couple of weeks. I'll have to move my indoor herbs to make room under the grow lights in the south window. Can't wait!!!:coolsun:tools:bee:thumbsup

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just finished planting some sugar snap peas. I also transplanted my flowering fragrant tobacco into some new pots on my deck. I even put out my decrotive grasses to grow with them. I love these bronze grasses.... they are great to get out early.

Did I mention that all the trees in the neighborhood are in bloom!!!?? My neighbor's almond tree is in MASS bloom and I see my tulips will be budding here any day now!!!

shelleyd2008

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Ugh!! I don't even have my garden started yet!! I did turn some soil and plant some sunflowers, pansies, marigolds, and alyssum by the house, and I have about half of my strawberry plants in the ground. I really need to get the neighbor down here with his tractor to disc up the garden!! :gig

RedClayGardener

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I planted a Golding Hops vine that I got for free from a catalogue. Hopefully I will have a crop of hops to harvest for beer brewing this fall!