What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

unclejoe

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My strawberries came today and I planted them tonight. I couldn't hardly see to put the last 5-6 in , but they're all ready for the rain we're expecting tomorrow. :drool

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
My strawberries came today and I planted them tonight. I couldn't hardly see to put the last 5-6 in , but they're all ready for the rain we're expecting tomorrow. :drool
Hmmm...my strawberries are here but I thought they shouldn't go in till the end of April...

unclejoe

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Parkseed said they ship when it's time to plant in your area. I took them at their word. I hope they'll be OK. :idunno

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
setter4 said:
unclejoe said:
Hmmm...my strawberries are here but I thought they shouldn't go in till the end of April...
I'm with Uncle Joe! They don't ship to your area until its time for them to go in, so go ahead and do it!

I originally ordered from parkseed but they told me they were back ordered until mid April before I would get them, so I canceled the order and went with Gurney's.

Uncle Joe... I did the same thing 2 days ago. It was me versus the rain coming and I stayed out for 3 hours up until it got dark to get them in to beat the rain! Funny timing! (ust think, we don't have to do it next year though. :lol:

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm gonna' go with Penn Sate and hold mine for a couple weeks before I put them out. I'm afraid if I lose them I won't be able to get more in time for this year....call me chicken.
5719_chick.gif

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I got my strawberries yesterday but we are expecting snow tomorrow and possibly on Tuesday so I am holding mine in the fridge for now. Got the email today that my seed taters are on their way from Territorial Seed :weee . I have 30+ mater seedlings in my back room, 40+ pepper seedlings(hot and sweet), 1 doz eggplant seedlings, brussles and various flowers and I will be starting some cantalope and watermelon seeds tonight. But I am hopeing that I will be putting some stuff in the ground this month and the rest (seeds) next month. I am getting so anxious, we have completly redone our gardens and everything we have built has been from recycled/repurposed wood, shed, pergola, garden and yard fencing only things we bought were 4 bolts for the pergola...Looks good but needs some green :rainbow-sun

nightshade

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
okay as the wind is not too nasty tomorrow here is what I am putting in.

2 plum trees
1 apple tree
6 red raspberries
4 blueberries
and a yellow lilac

dbjay417

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
acorn squash, butternut squash and broccoli were transplanted out into the field today.

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
nightshade said:
okay as the wind is not too nasty tomorrow here is what I am putting in.

2 plum trees
1 apple tree
6 red raspberries
4 blueberries
and a yellow lilac
Not a day to be in the garden here in Altoona today! That darn wind is awful and is supposed to continue till this evening.
Looks like it's going to be cold/rainy here till Thursday so I am hoping to get potatoes out later this week....:fl