What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah, it keeps going from warm to cool. Feels more like a northern spring... but what are you to do! :lol:

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I thought it was spring here in the high desert but the weather people have issued a warning for next week for snow levels to drop to 2500 feet which of course means temp levels will drop. That's the desert for you.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today, I planted large leaf Italian basil in a pot for the mother-in-law, planted a planter...half in lg. leaf Italian basil, half in sweet Italian basil...planted a pot of chives and a pot of oregano...planted "heavenly blue" morning glory seeds in a large terra cotta pot and placed it next to one of the patio posts. Yesterday, repotted the matter plants.

PeeperKeeper

Sprout
Reaction score
This month we planted:
3 different types of onions for storing
green onoins
peas
potatoes; Cobblers, Kenabec, and reds

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The warnings are down for our area except for wind.......the ever present wind. That's all right, I have a top over my tomatoes in the raised bed so I am prepared either way. We planted green beans yesterday and Wednesday we plan to plant zucchini, yellow summer squash and then cantaloupe. Everything else we've planted is coming up and I have bearded iris blooming and some in bud.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My pansies started in Jan. actually look like pansy plants :celebrate .. I'm excited ... this is a first for me!

Salvia, Lobelia, Aster, Petunia, Coneflower, Crazy Daisy, Butterfly weed, Parsley ... all up and growing well!

Alyssum and annual Phlox seeds went in yesterday... still lots more to go!

Peppers are up, planted on March 17... tomato seeds will go in today ... I hope ... yes ... today! :lol:

Unbelievable weather we are having!! ... 70s and NO snow ... in March!? :ep

country lady

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with shamrock? I am digging out and sifting a 4' x 10' raised bed because shamrock has taken over. It is a vegetable bed; how shamrock got there is a mystery. I did have it in my flower bed and it is awful to get rid of. I also had a problem with monkey grass; I hate it and it still pops up sometimes! The variegated didn't do that.

mandieg4

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yesterday I transplanted most of the tomatoes and peppers into the garden and spread fertilizer where the corn is going next week. This morning I put mulch down around the raised beds and worked on the rock path in front of my fairy garden until the fire ants attacked. Beans will hopefully get planted tomorrow.

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So far I have tomatoes, peppers, lemon balsm,begonia cuttings, and more on tables in from of A 10 foot of kitchen window.. all are thriving..
Outside, we have 50 strawberry plants in a raised bed, about 50 green onion sets, and about 100 candy apple red onion plants started, we are working on a new asparagus bed today..(so much to do, so little time and energy-thankful its a joint effort with our kids and grandkids) have a bunch of potatoes that need planting right away, on the verge of being late with them. And then there are all those vegetables to plant from seed.
Yesterday, Our daughter and son in law planted 14 fruit trees, apples- peaches -and pears, we have cherries, blackberries, raspberries on the way.
Two roses bushes,2 wegeila arrived yesterday,along with 6 more blueberry bushes..we are trying Ka-bluey...I did not work this hard when I was young, the things we do for our kids lol !!:th
One of these days, I will share pics of our effort to make our first raised beds-after 47 years of gardening..never too late to change.
Edited to say, actually the hard work comes from our kids, I am exaused from taging along.

Latest posts