What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just planted out my snow pea & cauliflower seedlings. This is the 3rd time I'm trying cauliflower - hoping to actually get a decent head or two this year! :fl

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday and today, DW and I got a little of the little veggie garden ready for planting.

So :cool:, this afternoon - the shallot and onion sets, some Walla Walla sweet onion plants, and spinach seed went in the ground!

A bed for the spuds is dug and ready - but the seed potatoes are mostly, without sprouts. We've got them in a warm spot in the kitchen and giving them some encouragement.

There's a little different selection this year. Even tho' I was happy with the potato choices in recent years, 2 of the 4 I wanted weren't available at the garden center :he. I guess, if I'm not forced to it, I never change much of anything . . . Here's what we got:

Adora
Red Norland
Yukon Gold
Russet Norkotah

If the weather is good tomorrow :/, we will set up the 9' by 20' tunnel on the southside of the greenhouse. The soil there just needs a little raking and it will be ready for seed for Asian greens :)!

. . . it'll take awhile to get the plastic in place, tho' . . .

Think I'll go, sit on the kitchen floor, and play with the seed potatoes :D.

Steve

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am anxious to plant seeds,but it is way to early for outdoor planting here in Ohio unless I get some that need cold strat. I am starting to move bushes around.Flip dirt and add compost.Still cleaning up debris from last year.

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The snow is gone (hopefully for good!) and the sun is shining today,so I "harvested" my horse blankets. :tools (Yep, ducks, they are in horrible shape. Usually get 3-4 winters on the ponies, then they get to be dog beds for a while and finally...into the garden.) Looks like they did their job well. Only thing that looks sickly is the rhubarb and I expect that to recover.

Also moved my broccoli to the south side of the house to harden a little before going to the garden. And, to the delight of the chicky birds, got out their salad bucket and began pulling the weeds that are big enough to actually get hold of.

Lettuce, radishes, peas, garlic and onions are all sprouting nicely in the garden. Now to get the tomato beds ready!

honeykid

Sprout
Reaction score
Today I transplanted a rhubarb from another spot in my yard and did some garden prep - raking, composting - I want to start some frost tolerant seeds but I am scared - never did this from seed before! I am trying my hand at leaf lettuce, head lettuce, and spinich - Hope to have it harvested before the Tomatoes I started need to be planted.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Covered the 9' by 20' tunnel and planted seed for Asian greens!!

Also, some lettuce . . .

Steve :D

Latest posts