What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

RedClayGardener

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I planted my snow peas, spinach, and green onions. I also saw some asparagus shooting up! Very exciting! Today I am hoping to get in some broccoli sprouts and lettuces. Depends on what time I can get home from work!

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
I couldn't help myself.

I planted at least 2 of EVERYTHING.. except pumpkin & sunflower
:tools I'm SO READY!! and HUNGRY :D the cucumber sprouts are looking good as are all the tomatoes! :weee

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
RedClayGardener said:
I planted my snow peas, spinach, and green onions. I also saw some asparagus shooting up! Very exciting! Today I am hoping to get in some broccoli sprouts and lettuces. Depends on what time I can get home from work!
I am so jealous... I have not seen any activity from my asparagus yet.

I have some 3" sprouts of peas going on already.

However, I swung by Home depot to pick up new pruners... and I ended up with some Lavender in the car somehow?! Oh well! Guess I'm going to have to plant it. :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
How long did it take for your peas to sprout? :/
Mine are "playing dead." Maybe THAT's why there was a possom on the package.
:yuckyuck

I want to say it was a week until I saw the first sprout. :watering

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Now the proud owner of 2 raised beds, one a 4 ' square, the other is 20' by 4' the first one has onions in it, and some room left for what I decide on, the other has 25 eversweet strawberry plants in it, I have more coming and probably room for them in this bed. We will make more beds and transfer runners this fall, at least that is the current plan.
Son in law and daughter did so much of the actual hard work, but " Gramps and Gran-other wise known as hubby and I - did enough to make ourselves very tired. Hopefully will be building some endurance tho, as there are a lot of beds to be made and filled.:weee

ecopepper

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am from Florida so thing are now coming to harvest. As I pull I put in my summer stock...I have carrots broccili, cabbage, sugar snaps all getting ready to harvest. Then I put in some squash by where carrots will be gone soon. And pole beans are climbing high. I started cukes but they died so I sowed outdoors in the spot to see if they like that better. Vidallia onions looking good. And lettuce is going to seed. Will put corn starters there. Strawberries are in pots and moving them around alittle. Arugala popping up here and there in sons Random garden...he just broadcasted he is 13 lol. chickens got into that garden and ate my peas and beans in there...I want to get some marigolds and daisy's to make a happy garden look too....and tomamto starters<cherry & roma> getting bigger.

good luck to all this year!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted all my tomato seeds and some basil (thanks msbear). Got a few flower seeds in as well, since I had some room! Waiting now for germination and then I'll turn the lights on...I am trying to grow roses from seed- I didn't have too many hips, but I planted the seeds that I had...Sure feels good to have my hands in the dirt. Hoping to start most everything else in the cold frames, in a week or so...

gapeachy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Planted my blueberry bushes yesterday....so ready to start the vegetable garden it still feels like winter outside....IN THE SOUTH....lol