What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Nice Kate! A single big wide open space is nice! I have several small spaces to work.

Today I planted some veg I got at Ace Hardware :rolleyes: ... couldn't help it.:/ 9 Romaine, a Pink Lady tomato and a Yellow Pear tomato.. :) the yellow pear are smallish and looked yummy. AND two "blue" seed potatoes too. These will help us get started eating from the garden sooner than later. It sure isn't cheap to buy started plants...

I'm WAITING (not so patiently) 4 more days until the "official" last frost date before I put my seedlings out in the garden. They are well hardened I think surviving without much cover these last few nights and taking a good beating from the sun each day now for over a week as I try to leave the cold frame au natural & open. I think they are ready.

I'll have to get my topsey turvey imposter bags ready again, this year I'm planting 3 of them with jelly bean tomatoes.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have planted: basil, romaine and waldman's lettuce, telegraph improved cucumbers, moneymaker and sweet cluster tomatoes, giant marconi peppers along with some flowers.

Automation.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I dug, swamped (with the hose) and weeded my little rose bed--it's 18"wide and about 12 feet long. I planted 2 replacement roses--both cheap and nondescript, one is a peach colored mini and the other is an orange tea, I planted 3 full sized geraniums (from mom), scattered 6 packages of flower seeds in the rose bed: allysium, cosmos, chives (yes, in my flower bed!!) creeping thyme, bachelor buttons and renuncula bulbs. Moved the one rose that looked like it might still be alive, to a sunnier location--I'll check back on it next month--my original surviver mini roses (white, pale pink, and deep red) all came back healthy, along with my lavendar clematis, which is quadrupuled since last year. One bed DONE--MANY MANY more to go!! :barnie

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow Ducks, I am so glad to hear someone else was out working their fingers to the bone today. My knuckles ache, and my nails are pretty ripped up. Going to have to do some clipping of those tonight... no more pretty nails... that's for winter only!

I went to just go get some marigold's for the garden today, and 1 more thyme... I came home with 18 marigolds, 6 of the 6" pots of pansy's ($1 clearance), 1 Thyme, 10 petunias, and a rosemary. Then I came home to plant them with my daughter... she takes off to the neighbor's to play all day, so I ended up weeding for like 3 hours. Then I finally got to plant all that, move 6 snap dragons, move and split a cone flower, put out 6 more tomatoes, put out 3 more peppers and just when I go inside to get my beans to plant, hubby gets home and wants to go for a walk and put our daughter for a nap.

I am so exhausted... and I need to take my after dinner walk still.

But I will get those beans in before dinner.... Oh I will!!!!

:lol:

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I still can't plant yet. Most years we get snow and frosts until after mother's day. But I'm getting everything planned out. DH just replaced french doors at DMIL's house and is going to use the doors to make me cold frames!!!:weee

Monica

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
chicken stalker said:
jackb said:
I planted the image of jackb's greenhouse into my husbands head :D
Seriously, it was really a rewarding project, as I always wanted a greenhouse. I completed the job in three and half days without any help at all. Installing the electric took another three hours, so figure four days from start to finish. If your husband liked erector sets, he will love this project.::cool:

Jack

Also, I received an email that these are on sale right now, but I am not sure when the sale ends. It usually runs for a week or so once a year.

Latest posts