What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

chicken stalker

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
jackb said:
chicken stalker said:
jackb said:
I planted the image of jackb's greenhouse into my husbands head :D
Seriously, it was really a rewarding project, as I always wanted a greenhouse. I completed the job in three and half days without any help at all. Installing the electric took another three hours, so figure four days from start to finish. If your husband liked erector sets, he will love this project.::cool:

Jack

Also, I received an email that these are on sale right now, but I am not sure when the sale ends. It usually runs for a week or so once a year.
Where is it from?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Check out the Harbor Freight Tools site. There is a store in Albany, and there may be one in your area as well. The large one is on sale for more than $150 off regular price also. I received an email with a coupon. If you would like the coupon send me an email through my blog and I can forward it.

Reaction score
Just got in from planting eggplant, lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, potatoes, corn, and brussels sprouts.
I LOVE this time of year....can't wait to get some fresh veggies.
2uge4p4.gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cukes, melons, and squash in the greenhouse for transplanting out in about 3 or 4 weeks . . .

I'm off to set out :weee some bok choy and plant some peas!

Steve's digits

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just got done with corn, barley, amaranth. Going out to do some quinoa and annual flowers as soon as I find the bug spray--sunflowers, pansies, poppies, everlastings, ranunculus in containers. If I have time, I'll try to get some cukes/melons/squash in, but I do need to build trellises too, before the peas get too tall. Yesterday, planted onions & beans.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Came inside from just planting spinach :weee . Plenty of compost worked in the soil i even added some wood ashes from a wood barbeque, since spinach doesn't like too much of an acidic soil, ashes are alkaline. Tomorrow will probably be broccoli raab can't wait to get some of those planted.
Gardening is so much fun and hopefully soon will be rewarding.

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Planted potatoes last week and lettuce, spinach, carrots, etc on the weekend. Today it was peas and beans. Cabbage family is coming up next! :rainbow-sun

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have started the madness

Shell peas
Pod peas
red beans
green beans
sweet corn (waited til it broke the ground and planted 2nd round)
broc
cabb
brussel sprouts
indian corn
sweet 100 cherry in hanging pots
onions
honey berries
boysenberries
more blackberries
rasberries
pecan trees

forgot the spinach and lettuce

more to come

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everyone's planting sounds so exciting!!! Just transplanted a few tomatoes into bigger pots- another month before they can go outside...

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
jackb said:
chicken stalker said:
jackb said:
I planted the image of jackb's greenhouse into my husbands head :D
Seriously, it was really a rewarding project, as I always wanted a greenhouse. I completed the job in three and half days without any help at all. Installing the electric took another three hours, so figure four days from start to finish. If your husband liked erector sets, he will love this project.::cool:

Jack

Also, I received an email that these are on sale right now, but I am not sure when the sale ends. It usually runs for a week or so once a year.
IDK, my hubby passed his erector set onto our sons and its been hard to get him to put a lot together since. You do have an awesome set up. Do you raise all your veggies in your greenhouse or do you eventually plant outdoors? I saw you have moneymakers listed as one of your plants.... have you raised them before? My seed company sent my some to try and I have some started but I have no knowledge of them what-so-ever.

But my oldest son is an engineer and my middle son is an electrician.... hum, there is hope but not this year.

Latest posts