What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Wattles

Leafing Out
Reaction score
joebwe25 said:
:rose :dance :happy_flower :mow :weight :watering :tools :rainbow-sun
P.S. I love the smileys here!
Ditto! I love the weight-lifter one the best! So cute.

I'm totally excited about the seeds I've started so far. I'm having to get used to starting seeds this early here in Southern TX - I'm used to starting on about St. Patrick's Day in order to set out plants for a May 1st set-out date in northern IL. So far this has been what I've started:

Windowbox basil
Cinnamon basil (my favorite)
Garlic Chives
Malva sylvestris, Zebrina
Tomato, Cherry: Sweet 100 F1
Tomato, Brandywine
Tomato, Green Zebra
Tomato, Marvel Stripe
Hot Pepper, Habanero

Later tonight I hope to do the rest of my peppers. I love my peppers - both hot and sweet. I plan to do Chili Grande, Super Shepherd (sweet) Roma Yellow Bell and I need to run out and get myself some banana hot wax seeds - those are my favorite - it seems like I slice them onto everything I eat during the summer.
I'm going to do a lot of squashes, gourds, and pumpkins this year. I'm also going to do a lot of different vines, esp. moonflowers (ahhh, you gotta love that scent) on my chicken run, which is just crying out for vines. After a few years without a proper garden, this should be a great summer for me. :happy_flower

Tara

1acrefarm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I planted onions garlic and strawberries today. There may be a few freezing days left so I will mulch the strawberries and cover them if needed. It will be easy enough to cover strawberries they are in a tractor tire. I will be planting grass seed and 18 better boy tomato plants over the next few days. I have to get more straw first.

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This year I am trying some heirlooms,
Today I planting, inside,
Cherokee tomatoes,
Organic peas
Yard long beans (they are really in the pea famiy)
Bell Peppers
Jalapeno peppers
kale
peas
sugar snap peas, can ya tell I like peas
Bottle gourds
bushel gourds

I never planted these so early before but I figured if it works I will be ahead. I am going to try to transfer to a small greenhouse. I hope all this works.

Has anyone tried San Marsano Tomatoes? They are supposed to be large plum or Italian tomatoes.
I never tried them I would like your input. Thanks

:tools

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This weekend, indoors, in my little bitty greenhouse window:

tomatoes: yellow pear, Amish paste, Amana orange, Brandywine, 3 sisters, German Queen, and whatever I've got left over from last year.
peppers: Aci sivri, Ancho, Ring Of Fire, Sunrise Orange, Purple Beauty, +a few leftovers from last year
eggplant: regular purple, Rosa Bianca, Japanese pickling
celery: Celebration, Red Stalk
herbs: Marjoram, pennyroyal, clary sage, regular sage, parsley, whatever other herb seeds the garden center happens to have

Also have to try and prep soil for early plantings. So that next weekend I can plant:
salad greens: Rouge d'hiver lettuce, Persian garden cress, red deer tongue, sandrina lettuce, spinach +a few leftovers from last year
peas: Snow, sugar snap and Pioneer shell peas
Anything else that says, "As soon as soil can be worked" on it

I need to go sort through my seed packets and get 'em organized...

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
In Feb. I planted Basil and some Heirloom Tomatoes: Old German, Kelloggs Breakfast, Rose De Berne, Vinson Watts, German Red Strawberry, Black Krim, Cherokee Purple, Mortgage Lifter, Brandywine (suddeth strain), Amish Paste, Pantano Romanesco, and White Current, and Furry Yellow Hog Tomatoes. (All started inside in Containers)

Last week planted Purple Tomatillos, Crackerjack Marigolds.(Inside)

Today: Planting Cabbage: Nero Di Toscana, Early Golden Acre. Some Broccoli, Calendula, Zinnia's, Parsley (started indoor's in containers) and Foxglove and Cosmo's.

Next week: Dill, Cilantro, 2 kinds of spinach, and 3 kinds of Romaine Lettuce :paris Cos Lettuce and Forellenschluss and Little Gem.

Then Snow Peas: Russian Sugar,Oregon Sugar Pod, and Alaska Pea's.

You never know what else I might add to the list, but this is it for now.

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Last Sat. I planted some grass seed in a flat for the only chicken and roo we have left(getting more when new coop is done), DH's big boss gave us 9 tree starters from audibon soc. that she didn't order. DH thinks they are cypress.Don't know if they'll grow up here but will try. Just planted them in pots for now. Of course we are expecting snow this weekend with temps into the teens and wind gusts up to 75 mph! Might have to bring them in if the weather does come

Monica

warren

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Tomorrow I am intending to sow purple sprouting broccoli in a pot on the windowledge, and it is time to think about sowing the broad beans. I am considering sowing tomatoes, but it is a little early here in the UK midlands. The potatoes will go in at the end of March or beginning of April.

KeyLimePie

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Recently I have been incorporating "edible landscaping" into my planting plans. I'm repairing some garden beds by the front door & have installed lots of herbs & pepper plants there.

Today I planted:
oregano
thyme
dill
parsley
tarragon
echanacia
jalapeno pepper
chili pepper
green bell pepper
strawberries in hanging baskets

There's already a big bush of rosemary thriving there, it smells so good!

Dawn419

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Last week I planted 3 different types of garden peas and some different greens for us, the chickens and the rabbits.

Noticed our first sprouts in all the containers today!!!:clap

Dawn